Bar and Floor Staff – The Moorings:
The Moorings is a beach bar and café just a stone’s throw from the Stunning Braye Beach on the idyllic island of Alderney.
Open for the Summer Season it’s the perfect summer stop gap before the next winter season.
With its cool ‘beach-side’ vibe, spacious restaurant and large terrace with beach views it’s definitely one of Alderney’s best, and most beautiful, spots.
Open for breakfast and serving relaxed food all day it’s perfect for sundowners and enjoying some live music on the terrace (with Alps bands a plenty).
The Moorings is a fun, relaxed and sociable place to work.
The job will be varied, and you’ll need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit in with The Moorings ethos.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Delivering exceptional customer care service.
- Good product knowledge of food and beverages.
- Handling of cash and till management.
- Maintaining a clean bar area, changing barrels, maintaining taps etc and topping up fridges/shelves.
- Stock taking and assisting with wine deliveries.
- A good understanding and application of health and hygiene.
- Being confident and willing to work on the floor when necessary.
- Attending staff meetings as required.
We are looking for people who have/are:
- Previous experience; 1-2 years at least.
- Strong social and people skills, with a cheerful and outgoing manner.
- Are motivated and organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Passionate, enthusiastic & energetic.
- A good phone manner.
- An ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- An ability to cope under pressure and be fast and efficient.
- A general willingness to work hard.
- Adaptable with a flexible attitude.
- Able to have fun!
- Start date: ideally in time for first May bank holiday, but negotiable if necessary!
- End Date: end of September, beginning of October (to be confirmed mid-August).
- Working week: 5 days per week, 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: competitive
- Holiday: subject to individual contract
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, good standard and spacious (£100 utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts at The Georgian House and The Moorings off food and beverage
Please send your CV with a covering email telling us why you are suitable for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
References on request.
Other positions are also available at The Georgian House and Victoria House in Alderney.