The Georgian House - Bar Manager
Alderney and The Georgian House
Looking for somewhere new to explore? Keen to live a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches? Searching for a place where you can find the perfect life-work balance whilst saving money and working alongside a team of like minded people? Join our team on Alderney, in The Channel Islands. Alderney has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beach BBQs, sports, camping, fishing, a week long summer festival, and a cosy winter season.
We want our staff to embrace island life and the community – there is plenty to do and the more you put in, the more you get out!
As well as overseeing all bar operations in a busy bar and restaurant, you will be working closely with senior management to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the business. We’re looking for a forward thinking hands on manager who can not only sustain the high standards of the business, but who can bring new ideas and experience, and passion and enthusiasm for all things bar related.
Duties include (full duty list will be sent prior to first interview)
Overseeing the running of all bar operations whilst playing an active role on the bar and floor.
- Development of drinks list and cocktail menu.
- Maintaining an overall awareness of bar financials, working to GP targets and minimising wastage.
- Assist and take responsibility for training and on-going management of all bar staff.
- Developing relationships with suppliers and sales representatives, and overall management of product line.
- Monitoring drinks trends and new market products.
- Undertake bar administrative duties, including stock management and EPOS system.Skills and experience needed
- Minimum 2 years' experience in customer service environment ideally managing a team.
- Understanding of bar operations including cellar management and till systems.
- Knowledge of wine, beers and cocktails.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Patience, diplomacy and level-headed attitude.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Can work hard but most importantly have fun! Perks include
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 5 days work per week, 2 days off.
- Outgoing flight from the UK.
- 20% discount on food and beverage at The Georgian House.
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, £25 weekly utility contribution.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Professional development opportunities.To apply email [email protected] including
- Your up to date CV.
- A cover letter including your start date and availability.
- Where you are currently based.
- Information on your current right to work in the UK.