Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
We are looking for great Beach Supervisors who are friendly, enthusiastic and approachable with a substantial level of experience within the active sports environment. You will be supporting the Beach Manager in leading the team to create a fun, professional and safe environment in which to deliver our beach and watersports activities to guests of all ages.
You’ll assist in the development and coordination of the watersports programme in all weather conditions while following the RYA syllabus/Neilson programme. You’ll be a role model for the team to create a professional, safe and fun environment in which to deliver the full range of water-based activities available to our guests.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Create a safe beach environment for both staff and guests
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites to ensure that they meet guest expectations
- Liaise with your Beach Manager to place orders for spares and equipment
- Support the Beach Manager is creating a working rota based on Watersports Instructorsqualifications and RYA session ratios
- Lead a team to set up, pack up, and proactively provide assistance to all guests using the equipment on the beach each day
- To practically help coordinate the set up of the beach and hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- Train, motivate and appraise the beach team to ensure the highest levels of instruction, and support the Beach Manager to coordinate and deliver a training programme assuming responsibility for the development of the instructors
- Develop positive working relationships with all departments
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager according to the training you have been given
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Dinghy or Windsurfing sessions
- Skilled in safety and on water rescue techniques
- Extensive knowledge of the RYA syllabus and the Neilson programme
- In-depth understanding of current sailing and Windsurfing industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to lead, motivate, and train a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Windsurf and/or Dinghy Instructor qualifications or equivalent
- Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Senior Instructor qualification or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience running a beach operation and managing a team
- Previous responsibility for safety standards
- Previous customer service experience
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Patient and empathetic
- Self-motivated and responsible
- Flexible, punctual, organised and efficient
- Clean, tidy and professional appearance
* For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.