Our beautiful boutique wedding venue, based in the South West of France, is looking for an all rounder to work across all areas of the hotel. The ideal candidate for this position will be an enthusiastic, self motivated individual who will be able to:
- Manage the kitchen needs for the provision of guest breakfasts and ‘outside of wedding’ catering such as light lunches and dinners
- Plan and prepare staff meals weekly
- Delivering food and beverages to customers
- House keeping duties
Working under the direction of the Hotel Manager you will be working in all areas of the venue to assist in the smooth delivery of regular weddings. The main wedding catering is supplied by outside caterers but you will be expected to cook confidently for guest breakfasts and light meals outside of the wedding program. Our venue sleeps 38 and there is also a team of 9 staff, for whom you would provide weekly food planning and preparation. Delivering food and beverages to wedding guests, assisting with kitchen cleanliness including pot wash duties and house keeping duties for room changeovers and main hotel areas, are all key aspects of the role.
We aim to ensure every visitor has an enjoyable experience with a 5* service, delicious, well-presented food and cleanliness of facilities to the highest standard . We are working hard to build a sterling reputation and achieve only the best customer reviews and feedback.
Our expectations when it comes to cleanliness are second to none and these standards will need to be at the forefront of everything you do. Flexibility is a must due to the intensity of business during the season and you must be willing to take involvement in all areas of the business as necessary.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Are trustworthy, reliable and hard working.
- Have a positive nature and a can do attitude.
- Have confidence to work independently and happy working as part of a team.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Are enthusiastic about their role and value the standard of cleanliness and presentation the Company would like to maintain.
- Can demonstrate the ability to perform under pressur
- Ensuring cleanliness & food hygiene standards are maintained
- Maintain a safe environment at all times and report any issues that you feel may compromise safety or security
- Ensuring safe practice in the handling of food and cleaning chemicals
- Maintaining a clean and presentable environment at all times
- Be able to provide an inventory stock take of cutlery, crockery etc when required
- Manage food deliveries and correct storage of goods in.
- Delivering food and beverages to customers and responding to their needs and requests
- Serving alcohol and soft drinks
- Operating a till, software for room tabs, taking payments and daily cashing up.
- Cover all cleaning needs including room changeovers, public areas and assisting with deep cleans on quiet periods. Being conscious that any reviews are shown on public domains and ensuring that our 5 star standards are maintained in all areas.
The Hotel Manager.
Your shifts will be determined by a rota, issued by the Hotel Manger, but will predominantly be weekend hours, with days off during the week. Time sheets will need to be completed on a daily basis and submitted at the end of each month.