Venue Holidays Campsite Representatives Roles 2023
Do you hold a EU-passport or are you a resident of an EU country?
Venue Holidays is looking for highly motivated, enthusiastic and friendly people - both young and mature, singles and couples - to join our dedicated team of overseas staff. Our Campsite Representatives are essential to our customers’ enjoyment of their holidays and a vital part of our holiday programme. If you think that you have what it takes and you would like to spend an enjoyable summer abroad, we would like to hear from you.
The season starts in March/April, or in some few cases around early May, and ends in September/October. At the moment we are looking for candidates that can commit to a full season that being either an early May start until early September or March until October depending on what campsite we have available.
Your work would include the cleaning and preparation of our high quality accommodation, welcoming arriving customers and visiting them during their holidays. There will be maintenance problems to overcome as well as routine paperwork to complete. There are also opportunities to take part in the montage or demontage procedure, which involves travelling to different campsites to put up or take down our tents and equip our accommodation units.
Being a campsite representative is hard work in sometimes challenging conditions. However there are many rewards to be had. You will be immersed in a foreign culture, in beautiful surroundings and have the opportunity to learn or improve a language skill. You will meet and work alongside like-minded people in a fun and exciting holiday environment. You will experience the enjoyment of an "outside lifestyle" and spend a summer to remember for the rest of your life.
Campsite Representative Job Description
The Campsite Representative role will involve working on one of our campsites and looking after the interests of our guests. The role could range from working as part of a team and answering to a Senior Campsite Representative, to working on a smaller site in the Single or Couple Representative roles. In all cases you will be supported by our Area and Maintenance Mangers.
The daily life of a representative is varied, however your main responsibility is to help our clients enjoy their holiday.
This will involve carrying out the following tasks:
- Cleaning accommodation to a high standard prior to the arrival of our clients. (This may involve making minor repairs to the accommodation and equipment.)
- Welcoming clients on their arrival and visiting them prior to their departure.
- Looking after clients during their holiday, providing information on the local area and dealing with any problems that may occur.
- Completing weekly reports and accounts, interpreting booking information sent out from the UK office and putting this into practice at the campsite.
- Liaising with campsite management.
- Montage (putting up of tents and preparation/cleaning of accommodation prior to the start of season) and Demontage (cleaning and packing away of equipment and the dismantling of tents at the end of season).
- Other duties as required.
What Are Venue Holidays Looking for
- Excellent communication skills in English and an ability to mix with a wide range of people
- Knowledge of a second European language preferable but not essential.
- Ideally available from April/May to Sept/Oct, (minimum working requirement 2 months.)
- Initiative, common sense, practical and with good organisational skills.
- Previous experience of working with the public advantageous.
- A friendly and cheerful personality along with a genuine desire to help people.
- The ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- The entitlement to work in the country in which you are allocated work.
- You must either hold a EU Passport, be a resident of an EU country or alternatively hold valid working permits/visas for the country you apply for.
What Will You Get from Working for Venue Holidays?
- We offer a competitive salary, which will be paid into a bank account monthly. There are no deductions for accommodation.
- Full training for successful candidates will be given by one of our Area Managers, who will also be available throughout the season, to assist with any problems that may occur, and to offer support.
- Accommodation in one of our fully equipped tents or mobile homes provided free of charge.
- A chance to live and work abroad, to sample a different way of life and meet like-minded people.
- A chance to develop your language skills as well as your confidence.
Campsite Representative Team Leader roles
We also have a limited number of team leader positions available and are looking for applicants with experience of working in campsite-based roles and ideally experience of running a small team.
These roles would involve planning the workload of up to 5 representatives. Applicants would be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a high quality of service to our guests on one of our larger camping resorts. Please contact us or apply below for more information.