Seasonal Campsite Couple
Knepp Castle Estate – West Sussex, UK
We are currently on the lookout for a couple (or two friends) to fill the Campsite Warden position for the 2020 season. Please read more details below and get in touch using the details given.
Job Title: Campsite Wardens (two roles ideal for a couple or friends)
Location: Knepp Campsite, Dial Post, West Sussex, RH13 8NN
Dates: April- October 2020 Hours: Approximately 40 per person
Our warden role is a seasonal position (6thApril – 31stOctober) for 2 people applying jointly, who are happy to share accommodation and jointly fulfil the duties of the warden couple. Accommodation can be provided (if applicants are not local) as the role requires weekend and some evening work.
This is a great opportunity for two people looking for fulltime seasonal work to spend the summer at the Knepp Rewilding Project in the Sussex countryside. You’ll help look after our campsite and will ensure our guests have a great experience whilst staying with us, whilst being part of an award-winning hospitality team.
As a couple you will be jointly responsible for keeping up the campsite’s 5* status, maintaining and cleaning our guest accommodation, shop and facilities.
Competitive remuneration will be available as we wish to attract excellent applicants
The Knepp Wildland Campsite
The Knepp Wildland Project is a pioneering experiment in rewilding, the largest of its kind in lowland Europe. Here, natural processes – driven by large ungulates – are allowed to take place on an influential scale. The wildland campsite provides a peaceful refuge at the heart of the rewilding project. Guests can choose between luxurious Shepherd’s Huts, Bell Tents, Yurts and Treehouses or pitch their own tents in our exclusive wildflower meadow. For more information please visitwww.kneppsafaris.co.uk.
Responsibilities for Campsite Warden
Campsite Cleaning and Maintenance
- The general campsite should be kept very clean and tidy at all times
- Toilets checked and cleaned at least twice daily
- Showers checked and cleaned at least twice daily
- Pitch Up cleaned and tidied at least twice daily
- Central fire pit cleared
- Paths maintained
- General maintenance of the campsite facilities
Glamping Accommodation on Changeover Days
- Exteriors brushed down and kept clean
- Fire-pits cleared out & stoves cleaned
- Consumables restocked
- Picnic tables and chairs cleaned
- Carpets vacuumed and entrances brushed
- Interiors tidied
- Beds made
- All lights checked/batteries changed
- Glamping Kitchen cleaned and tidied at least twice daily
- Working closely with the campsite manager to ensure a wonderful guest experience
- Oversee the campsite and maintain safe practices alongside manager
- Ensure the low noise policy is observed
- Repair and maintenance work around campsite
- Security of the campsite and shop on three evenings weekly
- General duties and responsibilities as required
Full training will be provided.
- Hard working, diligent and responsible
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Good communication skills
- Act in a guest-oriented way
- Be flexible
- Work well together
- Demonstrate responsibility
- Practical with good general maintenance and DIY skills
- Would suit a couple who share the responsibilities
- One or both applicants must hold a driving licence.
Please send your CV to Rachel (Campsite Manager).email@example.com
Suitable applicants will likely see this position as a lifestyle choice, as their presence will be required onsite in the evenings and the peak guest times on weekends and during holidays.