Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle. Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful beach club resorts, where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
We’re looking for individuals who love working with kids of all ages and feel that they can bring some additional magic to our Kid’s Team.
Ideally, we’re looking for full season staff (usually from April through to November). We’ll consider candidates with shorter dates of availability, but operationally those with a combination of the best dates and qualifications will always take preference.
There’s no doubt that this is a full-on role and you’ll need tonnes of energy, but if you’re up for it, you’ll enjoy an incredible summer in the sunshine ensuring that all of our younger guests have the best holiday ever!
You’ll be involved in organising and supervising a stimulating, safe, fun and varied timetable of activities, both inside and out.
The Neilson Children’s Club operates the following different clubs:
- Starfish crèche (4-23 months)
- Sea Urchins (two and three years old)
- Sea Badgers (four and five years old)
- Surfbusters (six and seven years old)
- Sharksters (eight and nine years old)
- Stingrays (10 and 11 years old)
- Surf Squad (12 and 13 years old)
- Wave Riders (14 and 15 years old)
- TAG (16 and 17 years old)
Although your skill-set is essential, with Neilson Active Holidays, it’s also about personality. We’re always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our brilliant team.
People who can build rapport with ease and provide our guests with confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is delivered by people who care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Create and deliver a daytime/evening activity programme for babies and children aged from 2yrs to 17yrs
- Ensure all activities are fun, engaging, and age-appropriate for each of the individual children’s clubs
- To make the best use of the environment and equipment available
- Create a child-friendly environment that considers all Health and Safety requirements
- Meet with parents daily and encourage an open line of communication to discuss the individual needs of each child
- Organise appropriate snacks and meals for the children
- Keep the crèche, clubrooms, equipment, and toys clean, well maintained, and sterilised where applicable
- Take personal responsibility for the security of Neilson equipment and the appearance of our Neilson clubs
- Work as part of a team to set up and pack up the daily children’s club programme
- Assist the resort set up and close down at the start and end of the season
- Help to organise and host social events, deliver briefings and generally interact with our guests at all times
- To be understanding of the fact that it might be necessary for you to move between different resorts due to the operational needs of the business and/or to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager and according to training you have been given
Qualifications and Experience required:
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace (A Paediatric First Aid course would be preferable; however, this is not essential)
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working with children
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and valuable children’s club programmes
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well under your initiative and to follow verbal and written instructions
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
* For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.