Ever dreamed of living in your own French Chateau or Austrian Gasthof?
Contiki is proud to present it two properties - Haus Schoneck in Austria & Chateau de Cruix in France. Both properties are exclusive to Contiki. Bars, swimming pools, bike hire, volley ball courts and much more, they are beautiful places to work and call home for a season.
We are looking for team members who are full of enthusiasm and who love dealing with people. Alongside other team members you will be responsible for looking after our Travellers during their stay. A great chance to meet people from all around the world.
The role includes:
- Prepare and cook for guests in house
- Ensuring those with dietary requirements are catered for
- A set menu, rotating every 2 days - have the freedom to be creative and make changes where necessary
- Stock ordering and rotation
- Ensuring health and safety measures are adhered to
- Accounting and keeping track of budgets
- Preparing a picnic/BBQ lunch for the guests
The role can be rotational, and the team can get the chance to work in other departments and any other ad hoc duties that may be required.
What are the Requirements?
- Possess a valid EU Passport
- Have a passion for food - we can teach you the menus!
- Have excellent people skills – proven experience in a customer facing role or hospitality background is preferred.
- Ability to interact on a professional and social level with our Travellers.
- Can work under pressure.
- Able to adapt to long working hours (split shifts).
- Must be team orientated.
Be enthusiastic and have loads of energy.
A paid contract with the additional bonus of on-site life such as:
• Free accommodation.
• Food included for the time you are at the site.
• Transport at start and end of season provoided (London, Dublin or similar price)
• Usage of company car and potential to work the winter season in Austria.
• 1-2 Days off per week.
What does Contiki mean?
We take our name from the word ‘Continent’, which reinforces the company’s mission to connect travellers from all continents, and the word ‘Tiki’, which comes from the native New Zealand Maori good luck charm, which is where the company was initially founded back in 1962.
Why work for Contiki??
Contiki is the world’s leading tour operator for 18-35s. When working for us you are undertaking not only a job but a lifestyle. A life that involves travelling to some of the most exotic destinations in the world with some of the most amazing people you will ever meet. As a member of our On-Site Team, you will be the face of Contiki – dealing with our Travellers each day and ensuring that they have the holiday of a lifetime! We have high expectations of our Team members – only the best will do. We have been at the top of our game for over 60 years and that is where we intend to stay!!
Apply now to give yourself the opportunity of a lifetime!