Qualified or experienced Cook? Come and take up a fresh challenge!
This is a fantastic opportunity to live and work at an activity based adventure camp as a key member of the catering team. You will report to the Catering Manager and assist in the production of three well-balanced wholesome meals a day for between 150 and 300 guests and staff. We are currently recruiting Cooks/Chefs for our centres in the UK and France for the 2017 season.
What we’re looking for…
Along with food preparation, you will be responsible for ensuring food safety legislation is being adhered to and company standards are being met. You may also be required to take charge of the kitchen in the Catering Managers absence and gain some real on the job experience of kitchen management! We will expect you to deliver a high quality service to our guests at all times. We’re looking for people with:
- Previous experience working in a catering operation as a Cook/Chef
- Understanding of Food Safety records
- Basic skills such as knife skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
All of our staff participate in a comprehensive induction & training programme at centre. We are looking for people who can commit to working the full season.
Why work for Acorn?
You will be a key member of our catering team ensuring the operation can run smoothly. This rewarding post is an excellent way to gain valuable experience and learn new skills as we look to develop your potential. We can offer you:
- A competitive seasonal package with 3 meals a day and accommodation included overseas, and available at a discounted rate in the UK
- The use of facilities and equipment in free time
- Opportunities to complete training and NGB qualifications
- Personal development and progression – we love to promote from within!
- The experience of a lifetime, working in beautiful locations making lifelong friends
All applicants must be at least 18 years old and have a UK/EU passport, UK residential address, a permanent UK National Insurance number and a UK bank account. We will be unable to take your application further before they have been obtained. We are unable to apply for a work visa/permit on behalf of an applicant.
A current Enhanced DBS Check or overseas equivalent is required for successful applicants.