Business : Le Boat
Location : France – Region of Toulouse (Castelnaudary) or Surbiton
Department : Customer Service
Contract Type : CDD (Mid April-Mid October)/Full time 35h
Salary : To be defined according to profile
Line Manager: Customer Services Supervisor/Customer Services Manager
Le Boat is Europe’s leading provider of inland waterway boating holidays. Currently operating in 9 countries, with a fleet of over 900 charter boats, we attract customers from all over the world. We are passionate about providing outstanding quality and service. We recently celebrated our 50th anniversary! Please visit our website for more details www.leboat.com.
You are passionate about delivering world class customer service and are looking to join a great team within a successful and growing business. Being Customer focused, with personal experience of delivering exceptional service, you’ll be confident communicating with Customers and internal teams in a friendly, professional way to ensure Customer complaints are resolved quickly and effectively. You’ll be comfortable with following processes to provide clear, detailed information to support the Customer Experience.
At A Glance
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a key support role in the delivery of the Customer Services team purpose:
- To effectively manage complaints, maximising service value and minimising risk/cost
- To proactively support the delivery of consistently exceptional service to every customer
- To take outputs of complaints and drive positive changes across the business to
minimise future customer impact
“Customer” will be at the heart of everything you do.
You’ll play a key part at all stages of the complaint management process, from acknowledging, evaluating and investigating complaints to ensuring compensation, refunds or gestures of goodwill are processed to effectively resolve the situation.
Through ongoing communication with Base Teams, Sales Teams and other internal departments, you’ll ensure Customer complaints, feedback and concerns are fully investigated so that a complete set of information is available to bring situations to the right conclusion.
Being highly organised, with good attention to detail, you’ll be comfortable following structured processes to provide accurate information. You will also know how to adapt your communication and actions to suit individual situations.
You’ll be conscious of deadlines and will be taking direct ownership of answering some more simple complaints to help ensure timely Customer responses. You’ll be keen to develop your knowledge and understanding of complaints to be able to take on more challenging cases in future.
For approximately 10hrs of your week, you’ll be a 1st point of contact for Customers by phone, sometimes outside of Base opening times, helping resolve issues whilst they are still cruising.
The role requires a friendly, professional communicator who loves providing a great Customer experience. Flexibility is key.
- Acknowledging Customer complaints in a friendly, professional, timely way - adapting best practise template responses to suit individual situations
- Evaluating complaints by type to ensure all issues are clearly identified and accurately and efficiently logged
- Carrying out Investigations – following processes and communicating effectively to collate a complete, accurate set of information to enable timely Customer responses
- Monitoring and recording details of accidents & incidents as per internal processes.
- Recording proactive details received from Base teams (Heads Ups) regarding Customer situations, actions and outcomes. Communicating effectively within Customers Services team when there may be an opportunity for further action or better resolution
- Following internal payment processes to ensure Customer compensation and refunds are correctly administered
- Arranging the ordering & delivery of bespoke Gestures of Goodwill (Gifts, Experiences etc) to resolve Customer complaints
- Taking direct ownership of “Fast track” complaints, where there may be the opportunity for simpler, quicker responses & resolutions
- Taking calls and answering emails from Base teams who want or need some support to resolve Customer issues or following Customer Services processes. Communicating with the CS team to provide the necessary support & response
- Working on the Customer Helpline (approximately 10hrs p/week) - you’ll be a 1st point of contact for Customers by phone, helping resolve issues whilst they are still cruising
- Actively and enthusiastically supporting the processes around sharing positive Customer feedback and recognising service highlights
- Customer focussed with experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Highly organised - able to manage priorities and meet deadlines, even when under pressure.
- Good attention to detail and comfortable following processes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to suit individual/situational needs
- Friendly, professional & able to build strong internal/external relationships
- Able to work independently and on own initiative, as well a being a positive team player
- PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Fluency in various languages (English/French essential, German highly desirable, Dutch/Spanish/Italian advantageous)
- Great enthusiasm for holidays and the Le Boat product