BSpoke Tours and Cycling for Softies have offered cycling tours throughout some of Europe’s most beautiful regions for over 30 years. We pride ourselves on delivering the best experiences possible for our guests with a mix of 'off the shelf' tours and tailor-made itineraries and a pro-active approach to customer service.
After a few seasons of Covid disruption we bounced back in 2022 with our biggest summer yet and are aiming to continue this growth next year. Alongside our existing bases in the Loire Valley, Provence, and Champagne we will be re-starting our own operation in Bordeaux next year and setting up a new base in Tuscany too. These are exciting times for the business and we’re looking for great people to join us on our journey.
We are looking for Destination Managers who share our passion for cycling holidays to join
our overseas team in France and Italy, between April and October. As our people on the ground, our Destination Managers are responsible for the successful delivery of our cycling holidays; providing an experience that leaves our guests eager to come back and ride with us again.
The role is a varied one and requires strong organisational skills, a pragmatic approach to problem solving and excellent communication with guests, suppliers, and teammates. A typical day will involve a mix of welcome meetings, luggage transfers, bike maintenance and planning. All of this is supported by our friendly and professional team based in our London office – with emergency support available 24/7.
- Chinon (Loire Valley) – Up to 3 positions available
- St-Remy-de-Provence (Provence) – Up to 2 positions available
- Epernay (Champagne) – Up to 2 positions available
- Bordeaux Area (Bordeaux) – Up to 2 positions available
- Cortona (Tuscany) – 1 position available
- Onboarding guests at the beginning of their holidays and catching up at the end of their stay
- Providing our clients with the highest levels of service throughout their tour, helping to maintain our excellent reputation
- Transferring luggage between hotels as clients move through the tour
- Organising, maintaining, and transporting our fleet of bicycles and e-bikes
- Planning 'on the ground' logistics required for the successful delivery of our tours
- Maintaining positive professional relationships with our local suppliers
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Ability and desire to work in Europe between April and October (including EU residency or appropriate visa)
- A full, clean driving license and some experience of driving on the continent
- A friendly and outgoing character who enjoys meeting and looking after people
- Strong organisation, communication and planning skills
- An interest in bikes and cycling, with some basic maintenance skills (additional training provided)
- French/Italian language skills
- Experience working independently
In addition to a competitive monthly salary, you will receive:
- Use of company vehicle and equipment (subject to availability)
- Contribution to travel to and from your destination at start and finish of season
- Full training for the role, including bike maintenance course
- Holiday pay
- Holiday discounts for friends and family
- Access to trade discounts on cycling equipment
- The chance to develop your travel career – in the field or in our London office
Note: Accommodation is not provided but we are able to help arrange this ahead of your start date through our local contacts.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to James Warburg (email@example.com). We are accepting applications from both individuals and couples.