WHAT IS AN EXCURSION MANAGER?
It is our shared goal to ensure that every student leaves our Embassy Summer centres with:
- Confidence in communicating in English A love for the English language and culture
- A feeling of having studied in a safe, secure and tolerant environment
- Engaged in enjoyable activities and excursions, that support character development
- Accessed a global community of peers, and made friends for life.
"The Excursion Manager is responsible for the organisation and delivery of a first class excursion programme for Embassy Summer students, which includes inspiring; training and managing Activity Leaders to achieve this goal"
As an Excursion Manager you'll need to manage, lead and inspire a team of Activity Leaders in order to ensure the delivery of the excursion programme with an exemplary level of dedication to the students’ development and welfare.Alongside our internal team, you’ll be responsible for maximising both student and group leader satisfaction, ensuring that we meet or exceed expectations!
You’ll be responsible for the administration and managing of excursions such as:
- Tours of Londons most popular tourist attractions e.g. The Houses of Parliament, London Eye & Buckingham Palace
- SEA LIFE Aquarium's
- Thorpe Park & Legoland
- Windsor Castle
- Harry Potter Studios
WHAT TRAINING WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ME?
You’ll be an integral part of the smooth running of our centres, working alongside a team of managers in one of our 13 summer locations. Alongside this you’ll be managing a team of Activity leaders, with the help of your fellow activity management team (Onsite Social Manager, Activity Administrator & Local Activity Manager).
With nearly 100 other centre management positions across our portfolio, alongside an experienced Head Office team you’ll never find yourself short of someone to share your ideas with!We invite all our managers the opportunity to take part in our Management Training Weekend, where we give you the opportunity to be involved a number of practical and theory based workshops, whilst also taking advantage of listening to advice from both our Head Office teams and our loyal returning staff.This event will also give you the chance to network across our portfolio, opening up useful lines of communication for the summer.
We also offer all of our managers access to virtual collaborative resources, alongside continuous support from their centre specific Programme Manager from Head Office.
WHAT EXPERIENCE & SKILLS DO I NEED?
To be shortlisted by our Summer recruitment team ideally you will have experience in the following departments:
- Experience working with juniors (Essential)
- Experience in a role involving organisation/logistics/travel (Essential)
- Managing multiple departments and teams (Desirable)
- Management experience in a summer school environment (Desirable)
You'll also need to demonstrate:
- A high degree of IT competency- Outlook & MS Office (specifically Excel) (Essential)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (Desirable)
- Excellent organisational and planning skills (Essential)
- Ability to deal with and resolve complex problems and issues (Essential)
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines (Essential)
Our commitment to the welfare and development of our students’ and staff, our managers will also need to be aware that they’ll be required to:
- Demonstrate the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- Demonstrate emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Demonstrate an exceptional level of attention to detail