MedSailors are a premier operator of sailing holidays in Croatia, Greece, the Caribbean, Italy and Turkey that cater to 20-35-year-old clientele.
We have a passion for sailing and delivering the highest standard sailing holidays our guests could imagine. To meet our company aim we are looking for professional staff with the same enthusiasm and drive.
Based on one of our Yachts, you will travel with the flotilla and work closely with the Lead Skipper, Guest Experience Leader and local management team to ensure delivery of the ultimate guest experience. Your primary role is to assist the Guest Experience Leader with the day-to-day tasks necessary to deliver the best trip possible for our guests, from check-in to departure. You will be flexible and willing to assist in all matters, but, most of all, enjoy working with people and be able to maintain a positive attitude at all times. At times, you may be asked to assist the Lead Skipper in operational matters, so you must have a basic sailing background and be willing to take the helm if necessary.
This role presents an opportunity to develop yacht handling and seamanship skills. This position is ideal for individuals looking to progress to YM qualifications and work as a professional skipper.
In this exciting role you will be responsible for and undertake the following:
- Assist Guest Experience Leader with guest arrivals and departures including check-in and transfers
- Interact and socialise with guests, providing daily assistance and advice on available activities
- Assisting with organising and managing all flotilla activities, bookings and partnerships
- Assist with the weekly and daily yacht provisioning
- Any other duties as advised by the Guest Experience Leader, Lead Skipper or Route Manager
- Sociable, enthusiastic and enthusiastic personality; a natural people person
- RYA Day Skipper Practical
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- First Aid Level 2
- Food Safety Level 2
- Previous customer service experience
- Confidence at the helm of a yacht
- A desire to progress in the marine industry
- Eligibility to work in the EU with a valid passport for the duration