Join us for the 2023 season at Travelbound’s amazing Chateau Du Molay in Northern France! Travelbound specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word!
This role will be based at our truly idyllic, 18thCentury Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and make memories which will last a lifetime. With an international customer base and team of around 20 staff members from across Europe and the world, there is a unique opportunity to practice your French and English language skills!
What will I be doing?
As a General Assistant, you will be a key role in ensuring our school guests and party leaders feel welcomed at Chateau du Molay, and have the best stay possible!
The key focus in your role will be to ensure the presentation and hygiene standards for guest accommodation – bedrooms and bathrooms. This includes hoovering, dusting, cleaning of bedrooms & bathrooms and stripping and re-making beds. Day to day general room cleans are required as well as deep cleans on busy changeover days. The Chateau is so popular with large school groups that it can experience on 3-4 changeovers per week!
You’ll also work with pride to ensure the communal areas of the Chateau, such as the bar, restaurant, entrance, entertainment areas and classrooms are presentable and welcoming.
During mealtimes, you’ll also greet our guests in the restaurant area with a friendly smile and assist with waiting tables, serving meals and closing down the restaurant area by clearing away plates and cutlery, wiping tables and sweeping the floor. We serve breakfast and dinner to our guests so you can expect early starts for a breakfast shift and late finishes for evening shift with a break in-between.
With a team of around 30 staff members at Chateau du Molay, you will also be involved in other departments, such as the Evening Entertainments team which runs Discos, Karaoke and outdoor challenge sessions each evening. Other key focuses include helping with potwash, laundry and ensuring the outside grounds are presentable etc. You may find your evenings either working in the restaurant or providing evening entertainment.
Our motto at Travelbound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Previous experience of housekeeping or cleaning in a travel setting is preferred but not essential (full training will be provided)
- Previous experience seasonal, hospitality experience is a bonus!
- A good attitude and willingness to learn
- A vibrant personality and confidence in front of large groups
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Conversational English is essential
- French speaking is a bonus!
What can Travelbound offer me?
- Competitive, seasonal salary paid in Euros as all staff will be on a French contract for 2023
- All meals – even on your days off!
- Optional on-site shared accommodation (or an induvial room based on your job role) at an additional charge
- Option to live off-site if you live locally
- Access to on-site facilities including staff bikes, outdoor swimming pool, BBQ, discounted drinks in the Chateau bar etc.
- Management training once at the Chateau
- Support with travel arrangements (based on your current destination)
- Role progression and the chance to return for future seasons
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, Travelopia, which means we can offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end including JCA in the UK and Skibound in the French Alps
The extra bits…
- We ask applicants to be fully available from March 2023 to July 2023 (with the chance of extending right through until October 2023!)
- You must be 18 or over by March 2023 to apply
- Due to Brexit implications, applicants with EU documentation are preferred e.g., EU passport, EU work visa, French residency permit or Carte de Sejour
- UK passport holders also considered but must go through an application process for French work permit and visa