PGL has a fantastic opportunity for a Grounds Operative to join our busy maintenance team.
As a Grounds Operative, you will be responsible for delivering the planned and reactive grounds maintenance. Working in a customer focused environment you will ensure all compliance and tasked works are completed to a high standard and in line with PGL policies, training and assessment records.
As a Grounds Operative you will also ensure that high standards of grounds maintenance, presentation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout the site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring high standards of general upkeep and routine maintenance of the site facilities, including grounds and buildings;
- Delivering compliance works within all statutory and in-house requirements, undertaking checks, and testing, record keeping;
- Ensuring effective cost control measures are in place and that costs are within an agreed budget;
- Ensuring company safe systems of work are employed and procedures relating to Health and Safety are followed at all times;
- Reacting and managing emergency situations i.e. boiler breakdowns, power outage, fire alarms, security breaches, floods etc.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have a landscaping/gardening background with relevant qualifications or appropriate experience. It is also essential you hold a valid driving licence. You will also need to hold a Health and Safety qualification along with a GCSE Grade D or equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills Level 1) in English and maths, if you do not hold these qualification you must be prepared to work towards them in the role. Full training in relevant on site Health & Safety aspects will be provided.