This position is responsible for enhancing our guests’ holiday and ensuring that they get the very best out of their resort / hotel. The Guest Relations will need to build an excellent relationship with our hotel partners, problem solving will form a significant part of your work, as well as the flexibility that comes with acting on ad hoc requests and situations that arise. As well as this, the ability and willingness to get involved in any aspect of the general running of the resort and supporting the wider resort team is essential.
Responsibilities: From our teams, we expect an attitude whereby “Nothing is too much trouble”. You will be expected to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that all our hotel guests benefit from the highest possible level of “Scott Dunn” service.
- Meet guests during their stay to organise any restaurant bookings and activity requests and generally “check – in” with them.
- Enhance guests’ stay by proactively helping them get the most from the resort, childcare and local area.
- Work closely with the resort childcare team, Operations Team, and the sales teams to ensure the smooth running of the hotel programme.
- Maintain and develop good relations with all existing or new suppliers and contractors both in and out of resort, so guests feel the benefit from this, and any potential issues are promptly dealt with.
- Create ample opportunity for the guests to be able to meet with you to discuss their holiday needs allowing you to assist in enhancing their holiday experience.
- In conjunction with the Hotel, co-ordinate and manage the arrival and departure of guests including transfers to and from the airport.
- To reconfirm or book transfers, restaurant bookings, spa treatments, pre-arrival shopping and activities
- Liaise closely with UK offices to ensure complete communication of information
- Complete accurately and efficiently, all paperwork, budgets, monies and administrative duties as and when necessary to ensure effective running of the hotel programme
- Effectively troubleshoot unforeseen events and circumstances whether related to guests, staff, properties or logistical arrangements.
- To attend hotel/resort managers meetings and keep the resort informed on all Scott Dunn guests and ensure all relevant resort information is passed onto you so you can advise guests as appropriate.
- Work closely with the resort to facilitate resolutions of issues, such as complaints, changes to travel plans and medical issues
- Create a good working relationship with the childcare manager, holding regular meetings to discuss feedback and up and coming arrivals
- To ensure any potential health and safety risks or issues are addressed followed up and resolved in a timely manner
- Use your judgement to create surprise and delight moments for birthdays, anniversaries etc
- Use the knowledge that you gain during the season to constantly refresh and improve the guest’s experience.
- Uphold the Scott Dunn ethos and standards at all times
- Carry out and support in any HR issues that may arise within the team.
Abilities and Expectations:
- Have an outstanding eye for detail
- Outstanding work ethic
- Ability to work independently or in a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Good self-motivation
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Professional and can-do attitude
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Forward thinking and planning
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
Essential Experience and Key Competencies:
- Previous hospitality or customer service experience (required)
- Previous background in similar guest relations roles (desirable)
- Excellent customer service skills
- 2nd Language is desirable
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent numeric, administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Full clean EU driving license
- EU passport
Package and Benefits
In order to recruit the best people and deliver our product, we offer a very attractive remuneration package. All of our team members are offered:
- A competitive salary
- Return travel at start and end of contract from a European country
- Comprehensive training course
Please note that you will be required to hold a current criminal background check / disclosure and barring service check.
Please note that we do require you to hold an EU Passport or dual nationality. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications from holders of UK Working Visas.