Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play.
You’ll lead a team that will plan, organise and deliver an extensive cycling program that caters for guests of all abilities. This programme will take in all of the stunning local scenery as well as the challenging terrain surrounding our beach clubs.
You will ensure that anyone who wishes to join the guided rides has a great time along with supporting/advising all guests who wish to free-ride using the routes created by yourself and the team.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintain an excellent standard of customer service
- Organise the provision of a cycling program that caters for all guests, combining both ride technique based tuition and emphasising the social riding element that many of our guests look for on guided rides, as well as a flexible and accommodating free-ride program
- Motivate and lead your team to proactively develop new and exciting routes for guests to experience through our extensive free ride and guided ride program
- Organise and implement a maintenance schedule for your team to ensure the bike fleet is always well maintained and kept fully operational throughout the season
- Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites to ensure that they always meet guest expectations
- Monitor and track bike spares/supplies ensuring all are well stocked, placing any orders as and when required
- Ensure that the guiding, instruction, and health and safety are delivered to the highest standard by all of the guides
- Invest time and effort in the training and development of other bike guides
- Practically help with the setup of the centre on a day-to-day basis
- Assist with set up and the pack down either side of the season
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings, and interact positively with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role, willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager according to training you have been given
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Minimum of a trail leader, coaching or higher mechanics qualification or equivalent
- A passion for all aspects of cycling with the enthusiasm to share this passion with our guests
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Knowledge of technical bike maintenance
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to lead fun, varied, safe and informative bike rides
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of bike maintenance and the ability to deliver training sessions to a team on mechanics
- Knowledge of emergency First Aid procedures and the ability to react calmly, quickly, and effectively in emergencies
- Knowledge of current cycling developments and events
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Able to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance
* For clarity, staff accommodation is either included in the package or deducted as part of the salary. This arrangement is resort specific. No employee will incur any loss of earnings due to the fact that the wage for each role is balanced across the entire programme.