Sous Chef/Head Chef at The Moorings
The Moorings is a beach bar and café just a stone’s throw from the Stunning Braye Beach on the idyllic island of Alderney.
Open for the Summer Season it’s the perfect summer stop gap before the next winter season – The Moorings is a fun, fast paced and sociable place to work.
Our large terrace enjoys views over the turquoise waters of the bay and when the sun isn't shining the newly renovated bar is a warm and welcoming place to eat, drink and be with friends.
With its cool ‘beach-side’ vibe and live music (with Alps bands a plenty) to accompany post beach refreshments, comedy evenings and late night djs, The Moorings is a lively and much-loved place spot on Alderney. Serving stone-baked pizzas, hearty breakfasts and local produce it offers a relaxed and friendly approach to dining.
We are looking for a great natural cook with an awareness and a repertoire that would translate to a quality island restaurant.
We are looking for people who have/are:
- A passion for great food and a shared ethos in working with and celebrating the finest locally sourced produce.
- An ability to demonstrate financial kitchen awareness.
- Have high standards of food hygiene and organisation.
- Be self-motivated and have the maturity and patience to assist in the growth and continuous development of the menu and pub as a whole.
- We require a great work ethic with a positive attitude and energy.
- A great team player – essential!
- A couple of years’ experience in a reputable restaurant or gastro pub would be ideal, but not essential.
- Willingness to take part in outside catering.
- Start date: ideally in time for first May bank holiday, but negotiable if necessary
- End date: end of September/beginning October (to be confirmed by mid August)
- Working week: 5 days per week, 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: competitive depending on experience and role placement
- Holiday: subject to individual contract
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, good standard and spacious (£100 utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts at The Georgian House and The Moorings off food and beverage
Please click "Apply Now " to proceed with your application, you will need to attach a CV with a covering email telling us why you are suitable for the job. Or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other positions available at our sister restaurant The Georgian House in Alderney – please see our company profile.