Summer Camp USA 2019 Application
Making American Dreams Come True Since 1962
Work at Summer Camp USA with BUNAC and your life will change forever. At camp, you can get paid up to $1850 to lead children in activities, make besties and have a dreamy American summer. Activity instructors like sports coaches are in high demand, and you’ll rack up over 1000 hours of quality coaching time - perfect experience to add to your CV! Above all, you’ll make a huge positive impact to children’s lives.
Book onto the programme today with a £39 deposit, and spend 8-10 weeks working and living the American dream.
100% Placement Guarantee (or your programme fee's refunded)
Coaching horse riding at summer camp combines the responsibilities of teaching riding, looking after the horses and being a camp counselor. It is a fun and rewarding, yet challenging opportunity to enhance your teaching skills, develop your personal experience and have a great summer!
As a riding specialist, you could be teaching skills and giving lessons for several hours a day, usually in hour-long periods, generally in addition to caring for the horses.
Qualifications that will help you include the Pony Club B or C award and BHS qualifications, or the UKCC equivalent, ranging from the Groom’s Certificate in Horse Knowledge and Care to BHS Assistant Instructor Level One. Having owned a pony or horse and ridden for a number of years helps too.
What you get:
- Placement at a camp in the USA – we match you with your perfect camp based on your personality, skills and experience
- Return transatlantic flight with other BUNACers (flight programme only)
- First night’s accommodation in the USA
- Food and accommodation whilst at camp
- Pocket money of up to $1,850 depending on your age and experience
- Assistance with securing your J-1 work visa
- SEVIS - a US Government fee
- Medical Insurance
- Pre-departure orientation day in the UK to help you get ready for camp life
- Access to Summer Camp Recruitment Fairs
- Access to exclusive travel deals with STA Travel
When do I apply?
Click 'apply now' to find out more information on how to get placed.