Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps and are aimed at those wishing to get out and experience the mountain lifestyle and take part in mountain sporting activities.
The Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in Le Fayet near St Gervais/Megeve and is a short direct train ride away from the Chamonix Valley. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a hot tub and steam room and is open all year round.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, so you have direct access out to the mountain with spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps.
You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain excellent career building and teamwork skills working alongside like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to work abroad without having to fund yourself and get paid in the process!
- Customer service – welcoming and making guests feel at home.
- Strong focus on housekeeping of the clients’ bedrooms and bathrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning) and cleaning of hotel public areas including toilets, lounge, bar, dining room.
- Dining service – setting up restaurant for buffet breakfast, afternoon tea/cakes and evening meal, serving food to/from tables.
- Planning and participating in après ski activities.
- Driving clients to the airport, train station or other inter-resort locations plus other driving as required (eg to the cash and carry, recycling centre).
- Work well within the hotel team to cover days off and support all hotel operations when required.
What we are looking for
- Must be aged 25 or over due to vehicle insurance restrictions.
- A UK resident with UK address and a British passport.
- Possession of a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance Number.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
- A good standard of general education.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Experience of driving in abroad would be advantageous.
- Previous hospitality or catering experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- French language skills are desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a shared basis
- Travel to and from resort at the beginning and end of season (from/to UK only)
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- A local summer walker’s lift pass
- Generous Friends and Family Hotel discount
- Getting out and about in the Alps