Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The Hotel L’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800, with spectacular views. The hotel has 40 ensuite bedrooms and an outdoor hot tub overlooking mountain views. This position is to cover the high summer months.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps.
You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain excellent career building and teamwork skills working alongside like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to work abroad without having to fund yourself and get paid in the process!
Maintenance duties as required:
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance of the property.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, record and respond to client repair requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Perform maintenance duties such as unclogging drains, unblocking toilets and performing general handyman related duties.
- To clean and maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and good working order of all hotel leisure facilities i.e. hot tub and steam room.
- General garden maintenance.
- Ensure that the company vehicles are regularly maintained and cleaned.
- Complete vehicle and mileage records to be sent to Head Office.
- Responsible for the compliance of all legal and health and safety policies in relation to vehicles and hotel leisure, equipment and fittings.
- Work well within the team and support other hotel operations (including driving, if cleared to drive) when required.
What we are looking for
- Possession of a UK passport and UK home address is essential.
- A UK bank account and a UK National Insurance Number is essential.
- Maintenance experience and/or trade qualifications.
- Previous customer-facing job role work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- A good standard of general education and have the ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Full clean UK driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable and ideally aged 25 or over due to vehicle insurance restrictions.
- French language skills desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over thirty years’ experience, the main benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a shared basis
- Travel to and from resort (from/to UK only)
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- A local summer walker’s lift pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps