Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation.
The Hotel Terminus Mont-Blance is situated in Le Fayet, St. Gervais between Chamonix and Megeve with spectacular views. The hotel has 36 ensuite bedrooms, a games room, garden and an indoor steam room and hot tub.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps.
You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain excellent career building and teamwork skills working alongside like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments – the major benefit is the opportunity to work abroad without having to fund yourself and get paid in the process!
Maintenance duties as required:
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance of the property.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, record and respond to client repair requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Perform maintenance duties such as unclogging drains, unblocking toilets and performing general handyman related duties.
- To clean and maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and good working order of all hotel leisure facilities i.e. hot tub and steam room.
- General garden maintenance.
- Ensure that the company vehicles are regularly maintained and cleaned.
- Complete vehicle and mileage records to be sent to Head Office.
- Responsible for the compliance of all legal and health and safety policies in relation to vehicles and hotel leisure, equipment and fittings.
- Work well within the team and support other hotel operations (including driving), when required.
What we are looking for
- Possession of a UK passport and UK home address.
- A UK bank account and a UK National Insurance Number.
- Maintenance experience and/or trade qualifications.
- Previous customer-facing job role work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- A good standard of general education and have the ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Full clean UK driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable and ideally aged 25 or over due to vehicle insurance restrictions.
- French language skills desirable.
In addition to the security of working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience, the main benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a shared basis
- Travel to from UK and resort
- Medical insurance
- Club Hotel bar discount
- A local summer walker’s lift pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps