FRENCH SPEAKING RECEPTIONIST
Snowcoach is an independent family run company established in 1978, operating two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value skiing/snowboarding holidays. We have many returning clients, year on year, which we think says a lot about our holidays and, most importantly, our staff!
The ***Hotel Terminus Mont Blanc is located in St. Gervais/Le Fayet situated between Megeve and Chamonix with extensive skiing at St. Gervais/Megeve/La Giettaz/Combloux/Les Contamines. The hotel has 36 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and a hot tub and steam room. Open all year round.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the ski slopes including links to the Valloire ski area. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. We were awarded a Certificate of Excellence 2019 by Trip Advisor.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breadth of skills wishing to experience mountain life, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as having a sense of fun. Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain some important career and team building skills with like-minded people. It is a lifestyle choice and not suited for those who have major financial commitments.
This varied position involves using the hotel reservation system and has lots of client involvement.
- Welcome clients and be happy to converse with anyone from young to old!
- Manning the reception area; client check-in/checkout, issue departure invoices and take payments.
- Provide clients with exceptional customer service, handling any issues with courtesy and diplomacy.
- Answering the telephone, correspondence and general office duties in English and French.
- Deal with booking enquires by telephone and email (French and English).
- Manage the hotel in-house reservation system, co-ordinating airport transfers and issue departure invoices and take payments.
- Ordering, collecting (in person) and issuing client lift passes. Completion of weekly ski pack accounts.
- Ensure any maintenance and housekeeping issues are reported and duly completed.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of reception and surrounding areas, updating notice board and displays.
- Liaise with suppliers, placing orders (in French) and checking deliveries.
- Work well within the team and support other hotel operations as and when required which may include duties such as housekeeping, bar and kitchen.
What we are looking for:
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we now have to obtain a work permit on your behalf and a visa, unless you have a Carte de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Must be fully vaccinated (with proof).
- A good standard of general education.
- Fluency in French and English both written and verbal.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills. Proficient in Excel.
- Previous hospitality experience.
- Full clean UK driving licence would be useful and experience of driving in mountain/snowy conditions advantageous.
- Confident in a pressured working environment.
In addition to working for an independent company with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- Meals and accommodation
- Travel from/to UK and resort (UK staff only)
- Ski lift pass
- Ski and boot equipment
- Medical insurance, if applicable
- Hotel bar discount
- Generous friends and family holiday discount
- Going skiing/boarding!