YHA is a charity. We work with 500,000 children and young people a year through stays in our 150 hostels; adventure in our activity centres and through our leading work in volunteering, traineeships, apprenticeships and youth employment. We have a thriving schools programme and work with partners to support access for those children and families who have challenging lives.
What we’re looking for:
Our people share a set of values and a common purpose: to improve the health, wellbeing and life chances of all, but especially young people with challenging lives.Our ‘HEART’ values help guide our behaviours and we want to see people who are:
- HELPFUL- Hospitality experience is great but not essential, but we do want people who are proactive, flexible and willing to learn
- EFFICIENT – Hardworking with an eye for detail to ensure our guests receive the best possible standards during their stay
- AUTHENTIC – Straightforward, honest and passionate about building rapport with new people
- RESPECTFUL- Genuinely interested in people, empathetic and professional
- TEAM SPIRITED- responsible and enjoy working in a team environment, but can also work alone
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for the management of the food and beverage (F&B) operation within your hostel, leading the preparation and delivery to agreed YHA standards. You’ll have responsibility for the achievement of targets across the F&B function, maximising profit and minimising waste. You will have management responsibility for team members.
What you’ll get in return:
Working for a charity such as YHA can be extremely rewarding but here are some of the other benefits of working for YHA:
- Our hourly rates are in line with National living wage regardless of age
- The opportunity to work in amazingly unique sites
- 10 FREE hostel stays in most YHA Hostels across the country and free YHA Membership
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Discounts and cash-back offers from high street retailers, supermarkets, holidays, car insurance and much more!
- Your health and well-being is important to YHA, with regular opportunities for one to one meetings and a supportive culture
- Career pathways and development opportunities including Apprenticeship programmes available for all employees subject to criteria
- Staff meals at the reduced price of £2.50 within own hostel on working days
Please note: In order to become an employee at YHA you must be able to produce evidence of your Right to Work in the UK and a satisfactory DBS check must be completed before a start date can be confirmed. YHA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment and a DBS check will be carried out for all successful applicants.