Part-Time Seasonal Assistant Cook/Chef
FSC Malham Tarn, Settle, North Yorkshire
Up to £10.70 per hour plus benefits
Accommodation may be available during the season.
Working pattern: 24 hours per week during the core season only (normally March to October) each year.
Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available
(Terms and Conditions apply)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Seasonal Cook to join our small friendly team, working at a field centre catering for groups of all ages, resident and non-resident.
FSC Malham Tarn is based around a Georgian fishing lodge situated on the northern shore of Malham Tarn and is surrounded by the 147-hectare Malham Tarn National Nature reserve, which along with the Centre buildings is owned and managed by the National Trust.
Work/Life balance - No late shifts. Finish time normally 8pm at the latest.
Typically, our core season runs from March until October every year. Seasonal roles allow you to experience working life in our outstanding education centres throughout the core working season allowing you to follow other interests and pursuits over the winter months secure in the knowledge that you have a job to come back to.
Overall Job purpose:
Our Assistant Cooks are key to the centre’s hospitality and catering team, you will assist the lead cook with the quality delivery of the catering service to our incoming groups.
We’re looking for someone with previous catering experience, a relevant catering qualification, a Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, line managers and customers.
- Cooking and delivering of breakfasts and evening meals: set mealtimes with one or two sittings and two to three menu choices at each
- Ensuring all meals are produced in line with health and hygiene regulations
- Assisting with accurately completing all monitoring and recording paperwork i.e. HACCP
- Assisting with the compilation of a varied range of menus
- Provision of light lunches or packed lunches for residential groups, as required
- Preparation of home baked items for packed lunches, afternoon teas and supper
- Assisting with sourcing suppliers, stock control, and placing orders
- Receiving deliveries and ensuring they are checked, recorded and correctly stored on arrival
- Ensuring that catering equipment is appropriately maintained
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- Holidays – pro-rata of 28 days including bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Accommodation and food may be available during working hours can be provided during the season on a chargeable basis
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Andrea Leng on 07704 345041 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of your completed application is 28 February 2022.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we’re in receipt of sufficient applications. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Interviews are scheduled to take place via Zoom or at Malham Tarn Field Centre – interview date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.