The island of Alderney
Are you a Front of House or Restaurant Manager looking for progression, a change of scene and lifestyle but within the British Isles? Imagine a short walk from beautiful white sand beaches and access to outdoor lifestyle right on your doorstep… Here you’ll find the magical island of Alderney. Whilst it might be one of the smaller Channel Islands, it has something for everyone: stunning beaches, wildlife, history, plentiful restaurants, pubs, beaches, sports a-plenty, community, regular events and live music, and a cosy winter season.
The Georgian House & Co
Situated right at the heart of the Alderney community our group consists of - The Georgian House is a much-loved and long-established pub with rooms, restaurant and garden. The Victoria, a characterful Guest House, and The Moorings a buzzing seasonal beach bar and bistro.
What makes us unique…
Championing our island environment - we make the most of our island environment, from sourcing the best produce Alderney and the surrounding areas have to offer to specialising in outside catering and events in stunning unique locations. We are known for being the hub of the island with regular local trade and a year-round calendar of events from live music gigs, to weddings, to pop-ups in unique locations with our offsite catering horsebox.
Our team – our people are at the heart of what we do and make us what we are today. We have built ourselves a reputation for a personable, happy, knowledgeable and professional team. We work hard but we have fun doing it. Year on year we curate a ‘family-style’ team of like-minded individuals both inside and outside of the work place. They are hospitality experienced and passionate; care enormously about the guest experience; have a phenomenal work ethic; and a love of good food, beverage and service. When not at work their go-to is being outdoors, making the most of the island environment, wining and dining, and immersing themselves into the community.
We are looking for an exceptional, hands-on, self-motivated, competent person full of enthusiasm and commitment. A passion and knowledge for food and beverage is required alongside a natural ability to deliver friendly, attentive service with efficiency. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations in all areas and to offer a truly personal service to our guests. A base level understanding of the administration and accounts in this field is needed. Experience in overseeing a team and strong leadership skills are essential.This will be a great opportunity for a current FOH or Restaurant Manager who wants progression.
Duties include (full duty list will be sent prior to first interview)
- Responsible for the day to day running of The Georgian House and The Victoria and playing an active role on floor and bar when required.
- Create and maintain objectives and targets for food, bar and room sales.
- Undertake administration – banking, reconcile daily takings, wages, rotas, menus etc.
- Assist in building, promoting and managing the events calendar, functions, outside catering and weddings.
- Act as a line manager to all members of the floor, kitchen, bar and house-keeping team.
- Responsible for recruitment and training of staff and are delivering service in accordance to The Georgian guidelines.
- Hold regular staff, management meetings and maintain high levels of communication. Handover to the team coming in for the following service. Skills and experience needed
- Minimum 3 years' experience in customer service environment, ideally in a pub, restaurant or hotel setting.
- Strong food and beverage operations skills.
- Experience in successfully managing, leading and motivating a team.
- Proficient in IT and accounting.
- Business minded, highly motivated and forward thinking.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong communication with both customers, suppliers and staff.
- Exceptionally organized, practices good time management and excellent attention to detail.Perks
- Competitive salary plus tips paid weekly.
- 5 days work per week, 2 days off.
- Outgoing flight from the UK.
- 20% discount on food and beverage at The Georgian House.
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, £25 weekly utility contribution.
- Accommodation discounts for family and friends.
- Professional development opportunities.To apply email [email protected] including;
- Your up to date CV.
- A cover letter including your available start date and availability.
- Where you are currently based.
- Information on your current right to work in the UK.