Job Role Summary
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it's a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there's always plenty of time to play!
Spend the summer in the Greek sunshine entertaining and looking after our guests? With the back-up of your resort team, you will organise a professional, varied and innovative entertainment programme to ensure that there is plenty of fun for our guests to enjoy and to generate additional resort income opportunities. If you have the charisma and ability to capture the attention of an audience both in person and over a microphone, then this could be the job for you.
Not only will you be able to interact well with guests, other team members and locals alike, but you will also need to be motivated by a challenge and quick to resolve any issues swiftly. As resort host, you are head of fun. You are the go-to individual for guests; therefore, you will need to be available, approachable and visible throughout the resort.
This will involve spending a lot of time dipping in and out of all resort activities throughout the week and dining/chatting with guests at the 'social table' in the restaurant. It's also crucial to communicate with all heads of departments every week to discuss how they can help to promote your entertainment activities/evenings around the resort.
Although it’s not essential, any experience as a musician, singer or entertainer would be great, however, the main qualification for this role is a big infectious personality. You’ll need to be confident, outgoing with a passion for people and making their holidays even better.
The resort host is always pretty well looked after by the bar team, but in addition to this, we'll cover your accommodation, bills & food within the package along with exciting opportunities to work with us all year round! If this sounds good to you, apply today!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- You'll have a ‘hands-on’ social approach to ensure positive guest relations and the highest levels of customer service are maintained daily
- Assist the Hospitality Manager with the promotion of selling non-inclusive nights, for example, the BBQ night to maximise guest attendance and in-turn drive sales
- Organise and host a resort quiz at the hotel bar to maximise guest participation, enjoyment and in-turn drive sales
- Plan and host a variety of daytime entertainment including active events, excursions and competitions to fit around the existing Beach Plus programme
- To be responsible for planning and executing staff entertainment nights, getting the whole team involved in entertaining the guests
- Ensure that all events are run in line with Neilson security, health and safety standards
- Assist and bring the team together to provide and deliver entertainment in the case of bad weather
- Create and implement an imaginative sales and marketing plan that will promote and raise awareness of the entertainment programme to ensure maximum guest attendance
- Regular and effective communication with the Resort Manager to monitor feedback and income targets
- To take centre stage at the weekly briefing to promote the weekly entertainment programme
- To be highly visible and present around the resort to quickly establish guest relations
- To ensure a friendly, approachable manner is always adopted with both staff and guests
- Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge and understanding of Neilson products and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to Neilson Guests
- Identify any problems affecting the customers, assist and escalated your line manager wherever necessary
These are the primary accountabilities; however, these may vary according to your resort.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience required
- A strong personal presence around the resort
- The ability to demonstrate focus, energy and tenacity in the pursuit of achieving guest enjoyment
- Self-motivated and able to motivate, influence and inspire others
- Ability to create and adapt Neilson advertising adhering to the correct company standards
- Knowledge of creating a well-rounded entertainment programme that remains suitable for families while still appealing to a wide range of guests
- Fantastic communication skills
- You must be a very confident public speaker who can use a microphone skillfully
- You should be educated to GCSE standard
- Previous experience in creating an entertainment programme would be beneficial
- You must be adaptable where necessary
- Ability to swim and get involved in water-based activities would be highly useful
- Confident setting up and maintaining PA sound systems or willing to learn quickly
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel packages
- Previous overseas experience would be beneficial
- The ability to sing or play a musical instrument would be highly useful
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance