Restaurant Manager – The Moorings:
The Moorings is a beach bar and café just a stone’s throw from the Stunning Braye Beach on the idyllic island of Alderney.
Open for the Summer Season it’s the perfect summer stop gap before the next winter season.
With its cool ‘beach-side’ vibe, spacious restaurant and large terrace with beach views it’s definitely one of Alderney’s best, and most beautiful, spots.
Open for breakfast and serving relaxed food all day it’s perfect for sundowners and enjoying some live music on the terrace (with Alps bands a plenty).
The Moorings is a fun, relaxed and sociable place to work.
The job will be varied, and you will need to be flexible and enthusiastic to fit with The Moorings ethos.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as a line manager to all floor staff, and oversee the good running of all restaurant operations.
- Assisting with and taking responsibility for training and the on-going management of all restaurant staff, within the guidelines of The Moorings.
- Creating and maintaining objectives and targets for food sales.
- The delegation of duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and to maximize resources.
- The communication and monitoring of standards relating to customer service, policies and procedures, to ensure all staff are operating within them.
- Be a point of contact for staff and customers and ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests.
- Encouraging and acting upon customer comments and complaints to improve The Moorings customer care.
- Attending regular staff and manager meetings as required.
- Working closely with the General Manager and chef, to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Handling of cash and administrative responsibilities.
We are looking for people who have/are:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in customer service environment.
- Experience in managing a team.
- A good understanding and application of health and hygiene.
- Product knowledge of food and beverages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organised and professional.
- An ability to manage in a pressurised environment.
- Good eye for detail.
- Are able to have fun!
- Start date: ideally in time for first May bank holiday, but negotiable if necessary!
- End date: end of September/beginning of October (to be confirmed mid-August).
- Working week: 5 days per week, 2 days off – shift pattern
- Wage: competitive
- Holiday: subject to individual contract
- Accommodation: shared (max 2 per room), free wifi, good standard and spacious (£50 utility contribution)
- Travel: outgoing flight from the UK
- Food: available on duty
- Tips: are shared equally between the team and paid weekly
- Staff discounts at The Georgian House and The Moorings off food and beverage
Please click apply now if you are interested in the position, sending through your CV and covering letter, or email email@example.com.
References on request.
Other positions also available at The Georgian House and The Victoria in Alderney.