Base – FSC Malham Tarn, Settle, North Yorkshire
37.5 hpw/Annualised, Permanent
Our core season runs from March through to October annually.
£2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available
(Terms and Conditions apply)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Seasonal Lead Cook to join our friendly team, working at a field centre catering for groups of all ages, resident and non-resident, based around a Georgian fishing lodge, situated on the northern shore of Malham Tarn which is surrounded by the 147 hectare Malham Tarn National Nature reserve. The post means working approximately 8 months of every year, usually between March to October.
Work/Life balance - No late shifts. Finish time normally 8pm at the latest.
Overall Job purpose:
The Lead Cook is key to the centre’s hospitality and catering team, you will have day to day responsibility for all aspects of the catering operation to deliver a quality service to our incoming groups. Invariably we cater for a wide range of diets including vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, nut free etc so require an experienced person to devise and cook meals for up to 160 visitors.
You will have 3 years+ catering experience, a relevant catering qualification, management experience and experience of monitoring and recording all catering functions in accordance with safe catering practices ensuring compliance at all times e.g. HACCP, Safer Food Better Business, a minimum of Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate and experience of supervising catering staff
- Delivery of an efficient, hygienic and safe catering service that meets the demands of our customers
- Cooking and delivery of breakfast and evening meals: set meal times with one or two sittings and two to three menu choices at each
- Ensuring compliance with health and hygiene regulations and other relevant legislation
We ask that you have –
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of your work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- Holidays – pro rata of 28 days inc bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 5 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Friendly Team
- Free parking
- FSC Workwear
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
- Food during working hours can be provided on a chargeable basis
Interviews to be arranged online accordingly. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email