This is a superb opportunity for enthusiastic individuals with sales and retail experience to enhance their skills within this unusual unique retail environment.
As a Shop Retail staff member, you will be responsible for performing efficient sales transactions and providing a high level of service to all customers.
Experience with clothing retail is preferential for those applying for the full season position.
Working closely with the management team, you will ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved through correctly merchandised stock lines, cash handling and EXCEPTIONAL customer service.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Sales or retail experience preferably in High Street shops
- A proven track record of merchandising, sales and cash handling.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to actively create sales opportunities
- Good teamwork ethic is essential
- Physically fit and self sufficient
We offer a unique working environment, good rates of pay and wonderful scenery on a daily basis.
Herm Island is seeking professional people to take on a career-defining challenge.
In 2020 we continue our mission to make Herm Island a premier hospitality destination for the UK and are seeking high quality candidates to fulfil a number of exciting roles to help achieve this goal.
Herm is located three miles off the larger island of Guernsey in the Channel Islands between Southern England and France. It is a picturesque holiday resort with a resident population of just 60 people that swells to almost double during the summer months. It has one hotel, a vibrant pub, two shops, 20 holiday cottages and a campsite. Being a small, sometimes isolated island, working and living on Herm can be challenging, demanding and not for the faint hearted and requires flexibility, a positive attitude and absolute professionalism.
All positions are live-in and our team are expected to work 6 days out of 7 when the business demands. All positions are paid hourly with holiday accumulating throughout the season. Unless prior permission is granted, we do not expect any of our team to take holiday during the season. Living and working on Herm will bring you close to guests, locals, and your colleagues. You need to be able to adapt and develop with the island team in order to be happy and productive during your time on Herm.
We are looking for people with the following attributes and work ethic:
- A positive and committed attitude
- Work well under pressure
- Ability to handle a relentless work schedule during busy periods
- A team player
- Professionalism delivering high standards at all times
- An excellent sense of humour
What we offer:
- Industry benchmarked competitive salary
- Weekly accumulating season completion bonus
- Fantastic hands on work experience
- Private accommodation
- Opportunity to work paid extra hours
- On the job training to include level 2 FSA certificates
Please specify in your application which dates you are available for work. Your dates must cover both July and August.
We are also looking for a full-time supervisor and 2 x cafe assistants.
WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE ELIGABLE TO WORK IN THE UK