Location: Dominican Republic / Croatia
Reports to: Regional Director
Type: Full-time & permanent/fixed-term
Start date: March 2019
We recognise that passionate people with talent, drive and enthusiasm are vital to our success. With this in mind, we are looking to recruit ambitious people with the skills and aptitude to join our energetic and entrepreneurial team as we continue our journey to become the leading provider of pre-med student experiences.
The role of Student Experience Coordinator
As a Student Experience Coordinator, you will be an important part of our team based in the Dominican or Croatia that provides a comprehensive service to our students. We can’t stress enough that you will be expected to get stuck in with whatever needs doing on the program which makes this role unpredictable, diverse, very fast-paced and sometimes quite intense.
Here are some of the typical things you will be expected to do as a minimum:
- Communicating with students before they arrive on the program to ensure they are adequately prepared;
- Organising and liaising with our mentors (usually Doctors) to ensure they are properly prepared and introducing students to the hospital and their mentor;
- Airport transfers, group social activities and guiding students around the local area;
- Supervising students during the evenings and responding to student’s problems and questions,
- There may also be a need to support our Housekeeping team, particularly on busy student arrival/departure weekends.
What we’re looking for
- Totally dedicated to ensuring our students had an experience they never forget. To do that you’ll need to be proactive and confident with high energy and a natural flair for outstanding customer service.
- Very resilient, determined and not afraid of hard work! You’ll often be working long hours in a very active role.
- Excited about what we do and the role of Student Experience Coordinator because life’s too short to do a job you don’t love!
- Very good level of spoken and written English. Spanish is a bonus if you are applying to be part of the Dominican team.
- Desire to learn from your team, wider management and our experience as an international business.
- A minimum commitment to the role of 6 months. We’re also keeping our eye out for people who want to establish a rewarding career with us longer term and progress through the company.
What you’ll get in return
- Return flights to Dominican Republic / Croatia;
- Fully catered accommodation;
- Competitive living allowance;
- Travel and health insurance;
- Phone allowance;
- Opportunities to work with a variety of people from around the world;
- Experience of new cultures and communities;
- Become a key part of our sociable, close-knit team and our high demand, high reward culture;
- Global career opportunities.
Why you might be interested in this role
It’s a unique opportunity to combine your natural confidence and customer service skills, your love of adventure and your desire to contribute to a rapidly expanding company with an exciting job that has potential to evolve into a rewarding career.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application letter. Please give details on why you think you are suited to this role, your availability, where you saw the vacancy and a copy of your C.V.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the team on 1-833-234-8786
How the recruitment process will work
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them and so encourage you to apply as soon as you can.
Telephone interview: all relevant applications will first be telephone interviewed by a member of the team. If you are shortlisted, you will be asked to provide two references (one of which must be a previous employer).
Face-to-Face interview: this will be more in-depth and will be with our CEO, COO and other members of the team as appropriate.