As a Chalet Manager you will manage a group of 5 chalets either in Morzine. Experienced within the chalet industry and familiar with the challenges of all aspects of chalet management. Alongside logistics you will train, coach, develop and manage your hosts and support staff to deliver against demanding targets and guest expectations. You will need to have a proven track record in delivering KPI’s within a similar environment. You will have a strong understanding of guest expectations within chalets, to exceed the company and our guests’ expectations. You will have a proactive approach, ensuring you minimise and reduce guest complaints in the properties in your area. You will identify areas in which to reduce departmental headcount & working hours and increase staff retention, whilst improving the quality of the product. The Chalet manager will also oversee a schedule of a cost-effective chalet’s maintenance programme.
You will have the ability to identify success as well as areas for improvement, ultimately streamlining systems and processes to deliver operational efficiency and achieve our high standards.
To be successful in this role you will be a chalets ambassador, forging strong relationships with chalet owners and taking full responsibility for the management of the chalets handover and hand back processes within your resorts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Chalet owners and suppliers
- Achieve set KPI’s for Guest satisfaction scores for chalets within your resorts
- Ensure that all CSQ’s are handed out, completed, and returned weekly, meeting company targets.
- Take responsibility resolving customer issues efficiently in resort.
- Manage a range of chalets, focusing on driving forward the our high standards or service and cleanliness.
- Through resort and property visits (including dinning in chalets and hotels) ensure a strong staff support and customer facing presence and interaction with customers to receive direct guest feedback.
- Build and maintain strong owner relationships with suppliers, staff, and property owners.
- Identify and share success as well as areas for improvement; streamlining systems and processes to deliver operational efficiency.
- Manage Guest Complaint Management and exceed KPI’s in the reduction of the number of Guest Complaints.
- Produce detailed and accurate inventories of all chalets and stock takes of all chalet’s stores.
- Ensure your team submit; timesheets, temperature logs, vehicle paperwork, accounts, First Impressions, accident report forms, customer report forms, weekly staff movements forms and hit seasonal deadlines.
- Oversee and organise the cleaning and close down of all chalets, storage facilities and staff accommodation.
- Ensure legal compliance of Register Du Personnel, Security, French Bar Licensing Laws, and that Catering operations meet French Hygiene Law.
- Provide operational & logistical support and customer facing presence at required feeder points or airports on transfer days
- Ensure comprehensive close down of resort at the end of season.
- Oversee the performance of all chalet staff and provide continuous support and training ensuring the hosts and support staff conduct housekeeping and catering duties to set targets, KPI’s and standards
- Ensure induction and training is provided for all new or replacement chalet staff that start mid-season, ensuring that all aspects of a chalet is covered, and that relevant paperwork is completed
- Conduct regular staff accommodation, staff meals and uniform and grooming guideline audits to ensure staff are being provided with contractual services in line with their terms and conditions and staff are conforming to their contractual obligations
- Conduct weekly meetings to ensure staff remain motivated, hold mid-season appraisals, and end of season performance reviews and submit scanned paperwork to the UK HR department
What we are looking for
- Outgoing and enthusiastic.
- Motivated to provide excellent customer service.
- Adaptable people who are willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and a part of a team.
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Team player
- Catering experience
- Previous management experience
- Relevant transferable work experience.
- Experience problem solving customer issues and thinking on your feet.
- Food hygiene certification which we can help and provide link to courses.
- Conversational French is an advantage
Salary and Package
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts. Accommodation is included in the contract and insurance and visa can be provided as an optional extra.