Summer Hotel General Hospitality
An opportunity to spend the summer season in the Alps!
Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation. The vacancy is at the Hotel l'Aigle.
The **Hotel l’Aigle is located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the mountains. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. Open July and August.
We are looking for candidates who have a passion for hospitality together with a love of the mountains, who are not afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well has having a sense of fun! Working abroad for a season is a unique life experience and gives you the opportunity to gain excellent career building and teamwork skills working alongside like-minded people from Europe.
- Housekeeping of clients’ bedrooms (bed linen change, deep cleaning of rooms and bathrooms).
- Cleaning of public areas (including toilets) lounge, bar, games room, etc.
- Restaurant duties. Setting up the breakfast buffet, replenishing items as needed and looking after guests. Cleaning dining room at the end of each service.
- Bar service
- Kitchen duties including washing-up plus some simple cooking if possible.
- Complying with all health and safety regulations
- Work well within the team with a hands-on attitude to help to cover all aspects of the hotel operation, if required.
What we are looking for
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we need to obtain a work permit on your behalf, unless you have a Carte de Sejour/Titre de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Previous experience in hospitality and customer service.
- Good all-round general education.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time-management skills.
- French language skills desirable. Fluent English.
- Full clean driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a shared basis
- Contribution for travel to and from resort
- Medical insurance (if not covered by the state)
- Hotel bar discount
- Family and friends accommodation discount
- A summer Walker’s Lift Pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps!