Summer Hotel Maintenance/Driver
An opportunity to spend the summer season in the Alps!
Alpes Adventures operate two hotels in the French Alps offering friendly, good value accommodation. The vacancy is at the **Hotel l’Aigle located high in the Maurienne Valley at Valmeinier 1800 with spectacular views and direct access onto the mountains. The hotel has 40 en-suite bedrooms, dining room, lounge + bar, games room and an outdoor hot tub overlooking the mountains. Open July and August.
We are looking for candidates with a wide breath of skills wishing to experience a summer in the Alps. You will not be afraid of hard work and have the commitment to exceed client expectations, as well as have a sense of fun!
Reports to Hotel Manager and UK Head Office
- Responsible for repairs and maintenance of the property.
- Respond to client repair requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- General handyman jobs such as unclogging drains, unblocking toilets, mending cupboards, drawers, doors.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and good working order of all hotel leisure facilities (hot tub/ steam room/games room)
- Driving minibus as required (to sister hotel/train station/council refuse/shopping
- Ensure that the company vehicles are regularly cleaned and maintained.
- Complete vehicle and mileage records to be sent to Head Office.
- Responsible for the compliance of all legal and health and safety policies in relation to vehicles and hotel leisure facilities, equipment and fittings.
- Maintain all tools and equipment.
- Work well within the team with a hands-on attitude to help to cover all aspects of the hotel operation, if required.
What we are looking for:
- Possession of an EU or UK passport. (For UK nationals working in France we now must obtain a work permit/visa on your behalf unless you have a Carte de Sejour/Titre de Sejour. All staff will be on a French contract.)
- Maintenance experience and/or trade qualifications.
- Previous customer-facing work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisation and time-management skills.
- A friendly and open personality, confident in communicating with all ages.
- A good standard of general education and ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
- Full clean driving licence and experience of driving overseas/mountains is desirable.
- Ideally aged 25 or over due to vehicle insurance restrictions.
- French language skills desirable. Fluent English required.
In addition to working for an independent, family run firm with over forty years’ experience where you are a valued member of the team and not just a number, the main benefits are:
- Competitive salary
- All meals and accommodation on a private basis
- Contribution for travel to and from resort
- Medical insurance (not covered by the state)
- Hotel bar discount
- Family and friends accommodation discount
- A summer Walker’s Lift Pass
- Getting out and about in the Alps!