Our resort managers are the driving force behind our teams ensuring a smooth operation that provides our guests their expected and memorable holiday.
On a day-to-day basis you will be responsible for the general operation and staff wellbeing, working closely with the chalet manager to ensure product delivery, resort logistics and staff performance.
The role is very broad so being able to multitask and prioritise is essential, no two days are ever the same from paperwork completion at home/office to onsite visits and meetings with staff and guests. You will be sure to be kept on your toes!
Building strong relationships with our staff, suppliers and guests is vital in this role, we are looking for real go getters who are approachable and target driven.
- Ensure guests expectations are always exceeded
- Meet set targets for sales, budgets and First Impression feedback for cleanliness, food and comfort
- Provide an approachable welcoming atmosphere in all areas within your resort, at the airport, hotel, and chalets.
- Guest complaints are kept to a minimum and resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage a range of operational needs within resort, chalets, hotels and focus on driving forward the high standards across all chalets.
- Through resort and property visits (including dinning in chalets and hotels) ensure a strong staff support and customer facing presence and interaction with customers to receive direct guest feedback.
- Schedule a timely hand over of all chalets from owners at the start of season ensuring an accurate inventory detailing any damage or breakages, is completed for each chalet
- Manage the distribution of equipment, soft furnishings, and electrical goods at start of season ensuring that all CAPEX item requests are submitted, authorised, purchased and in place prior to start of season.
- Completing and signing off weekly accounts and administrative tasks including staff rota’s, risk assessments, fire / health & safety and HCCAP paperwork. Set deadlines using this information to ensure all budgets, sales and customer satisfaction targets are met.
- To develop and maintain relationships with all suppliers
- Regular visits and monitoring of staff in the workplace.
- Crisis management
- Work closely with your area manager to ensure legal compliance of Register Du Personnel, Security, French Bar Licensing Laws, and that Catering operations meet French Hygiene Law.
- Performance manages your team using a variety of techniques, ensuring your team are happy and confident in their role.
- General team welfare with a focus on creating a great work culture.
- Regular reporting and succession planning with your area manager
- Assist with the planning, development and delivery of pre-season training course, E-Learning as well as the Alpine Academy development training materials
- Conduct regular staff accommodation, staff meals and uniform and grooming guideline audits to ensure staff are being provided with contractual services in line with their terms and conditions and staff are conforming to their contractual obligations.
- Hold regular team meetings to discuss performance and really drive and motivate your team members.
- Conduct performance management to include setting objectives, mid-season appraisals and end of season performance reviews along with regular 1,1s and giving feedback and submit scanned paperwork to the UK HR department.
What we are looking for.
- Friendly and approachable
- Target driven
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Work in a high pressured, fast paced environment
- Willing to work long hours and have a flexible attitude towards work.
- Team player
- Ability to prioritise and plan ahead and adapt where needed.
- Experience handling complaints and dealing with difficult issues
- Previous experience at a management level.
- Knowledge of team development
- Excellent and friendly written and verbal communication skills.
- Full clean UK/EU driver’s license, driven for 3yrs + and be over the age of 21
- Knowledge of the industry
- Experience working within hospitality or hotel and chalet operation.
- Experience dealing with disciplinary process and/or training & mentoring.
Advantageous if you have
- Experience working overseas with a tour operator.
- Conversational French.
Salary and package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts. Accommodation is provided and included in the contract if needed or a more flexible salary if you do not require accommodation. Insurance, and visa can be provided as an optional extra.