Love horsing around and mucking out? Horse Riding is always a program area that camps are looking for to fill with experienced and skilled riders, who have a good working ethic. If you're looking for a job full of fun, sunshine, horses and like-minded people then this is the role for you! Teaching riding at camp in the USA is a great way to spend your summer.
Riding programs differ from camp to camp. Some will be basic, hacking out and pony rides will be their main foundation, whereas others will be much more advanced, including show jumping and dressage lessons and competitions. Some camps even teach vaulting! All instructors will be required to ride at a decent standard and have some knowledge in horse care, but typically the more advanced your skills are the more advanced program area you can expect to work in.
Most camps teach an English style of riding but some will integrate Western riding into their lessons. You can expect to teach all ages and abilities of riders whilst also maintaining the care of the horses, including mucking out, feeding, taking up etc. Most camps will also do stable management lessons for the campers, so that they can truly understand what it takes to look after a horse, and not just learn to ride. Horse Riding Instructors are required to arrive before orientation in order to get the horses and barn ready for the campers’ arrival.
- Full onsite training is provided.
- Free online application
- All food and accommodation provided throughout the duration of your contract.
- Minimum $2000 salary (not pocket money).
- Travel time of up to 2 months in the States before and/or after camp has finished.
- Complete medical insurance throughout the duration of your stay in the US.
- Partnered with international SIM providers.
- Help finding the best flights to and from the USA
- All visa paperwork and 24/7 manned phone support when in the USA.
If you are 18 – 30 years old and want to experience American culture, get paid to have fun and make lifelong friends, this is the experience for you!