The White House Hotel is looking for a committed staff member to join its dedicated kitchen team.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main duties include assisting the team to maintain high levels of kitchen standards and cleaning / pot washing with efficiency and good humour.
The successful applicant will be part of a friendly team focused on providing a fantastic customer experience to our valued guests.
The role would suit hard-working individuals with a strong work ethic who are self-motivated and able to work as part of a busy kitchen crew.
- 5/6 day working week (dependant on business needs)
- Monday to Sunday
- Bank holidays with Time Off In Lieu as agreed
- These roles are initially for a fixed-term role between March/April and October/November, with the option for a more permanent role next year.
EXPERIENCE is preferred but not necessary as any training will be provided but a willingness to learn and a team spirit are a must.
Applicants do not require permission to work for Herm Island if they have any of the following:
- the right of abode in the UK
- valid settled or pre-settled status
- indefinite leave to remain in the Bailiwick of Guernsey
Please refer to ELIGIBILITY section in the NOTES for further information.
The HERM package is as follows;
- Performance bonus scheme (discretionary)
- Loyalty bonus scheme (seasonal workers)
- No Value-added tax (VAT) or goods and service tax (GST)
- Income tax rate is 20%
- Free family boat travel between Guernsey & Herm
- Staff discounts at Island shop
- Staff accommodation (if based on Herm). with some single rooms available
- Commute to work is a 1-10 minute walk
- Safe & secure (very low crime rate)
- Refer-A-Friend scheme
- No traffic (private vehicles are not permitted)
- On the job training to include level 2 FSA certificates
- Organised staff and community social events
- Fantastic hands-on work experience
- Free food (seasonal workers)
- Milder climate than UK
- Abundance of flora and fauna
- Breathtaking scenery
- Stunning beaches with exceptional (vitamin) sea swimming opportunities
- A great place for family and friends to come and visit!
IMPORTANT - When applying please UPLOAD your CV ensuring the following information is included to enable us to process your application quickly.
EXPERIENCE: If you have no relevant prior experience on your CV relating to the role you are applying for, please provide additional information so we can consider your application.
ELIGIBILITY - Please confirm what relevant permissions you have to work on Herm Island or whether permissions need to be obtained under the States of Guernsey Work Permit Policy – information on Work Permits can be found here https://www.gov.gg/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=135526&p=0
AVAILABILITY - If you were to be successful, please let us know your preferred start / finish dates?
OTHER - If you are applying as part of a couple please state your partner's name.
** Failing to upload your CV may result in your application not being processed **
ABOUT WORKING ON HERM ISLAND
This small paradise island is located in the English Channel where guests and visitors enjoy year-round hospitality. Working and living on Herm is a truly unique and challenging opportunity and requires flexibility, a positive attitude, resilience and a customer-focused mindset. As there are no cars or bicycles on Herm a good degree of fitness is also advised. The rewards are plentiful if you are hard-working and motivated by small team collaboration, taking responsibility, helping others and delivering a professional service. As Herm has no resident doctor or hospital we ask shortlisted applicants to submit their medical facts and self-assess their suitability to work on Herm. We are a fair and reasonable employer offering good rates of pay and benefits, staff accommodation as necessary, and a great team of friendly colleagues.