- You'll make lifelong friendships. The camp bubble is an amazing, inclusive place to be. As soon as staff training kicks off you'll be doing so many team building actvivities and name games you'll feel like you've made ten new best friends by the end of the 2nd day! These friendships will progress over the summer and we warn you now, the last day of camp is a difficult day! Camp friendships often last a lifetime, camp friends are the best friends!
- You'll also make really strong friendships with the campers. Living with a group of kids means that you will really get to know the campers really well. Some of the campers might be returning whilst others will be new, some will be from America whilst others will live in countries that are miles away. The beauty of camp is that there is so much diversity with the staff and the campers. The campers will feel like your children/siblings by the end of the summer. They will certainly test you at times but the bonds you make with them will be there forever.
- Travel- working at camps enables you to travel the States 30 days before and/or after your contract starts and ends. This is plenty of time to go coast to coast, climb the Rocky Mountains, party in Vegas, roller blade in LA, see a show in New York and so much more. Most counselors will travel together after camp allowing you to share your experiences with your new found friends.
- Learn new skills. From plunging a toilet to putting up a tent, you will certainly learn something new at camp this summer. Not only is camp a fantastic opportunity to teach the campers what you know it's also an amazing place to gain new skills. You'll pick up teaching techniques from your co-counselors and learn from the leadership staff around you. The campers will also teach you a lot! All of this teaching experience will be extremely useful in the future if you choose to continue working with kids.
- Confidence. You will see your confidence soar at camp. Camp is a hugely accepting place, somewhere where you can try something without the fear of failing, where everyone is 100% behind you at all times. You'll come back a changed person!
So, what's holding you back?! If you want to experience all of this, and more, then apply today!