Reporting to the Area Manager, you will ensure the overall smooth running of the Childcare program within our summer products. As the Childcare Manager, you will manage and support a small team and will oversee the safe and effective delivery of the Kids Clubs. You will ensure that exciting and fun activities are being created and enhanced, and that all children are being made to feel comfortable in their surroundings and enjoy their holiday. You will guide your Childcare team, making sure that all activities on offer are age appropriate and suited to parents for our Family Fun Days. You will manage your team and their time keeping, guaranteeing they are offering an excellent customer experience, building relationships with the parents and children alike. You will also resolve guest queries in a timely and efficient manner. You will ensure all childcare staff maintain and complete all Fire / Health and Safety, Risk Assessments, Registration (booking in and out of childcare), logging all care requirements such as dietary and allergy needs as well as all other administrative tasks, accurately and to deadline.
- Interacting with all guests in a professional yet relaxed fashion both during the day and evening
- Represent the company in a professional, well-presented manner always and in compliance with the company uniform policy
- Deliver the Child Care section of the welcome meeting to promote childcare activities to all guests
- Plan, organise & provide an engaging, inclusive, and exciting range of activities for Kids Clubs.
- Carry out all activities in a safe manner considering children’s learning and welfare needs.
- Ensure children have adequate shade, water breaks and sunscreen.
- Run evening social events for Kids Club members.
- Arrange prizes/certificates and awards for the children at the end of their week.
- Ensure children are signed in and out of your care by parent/guardian.
- Attending a weekly staff meeting to discuss activity plans and duties for the day.
- Ensure all children are registered ensuring special diets, allergies and care needs are recorded, monitored & delivered appropriately.
- Carrying out first aid and completing accident forms as necessary
- Complete health & safety and risk assessment for your designated childcare facilities and activities
- Carrying out monthly stock takes, weekly deep clean of activity equipment & childcare facilities
- Train, develop and remotely manage a small childcare team. Motivating and providing pastoral care throughout the season.
- Strong social / people skills
- Highly Motivated
- Cheerful / Outgoing
- Passionate / Enthusiastic
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Willingness to work hard / long hours
- Adaptable / Flexible Attitude
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Relevant / Transferable Work Experience
- Seasonal overseas experience with an Overseas Tour Operator
- NVQ Level 3 OR BTEC OR Early Years (Essential)
- Paediatric First Aid (Desirable)
- Full, clean UK driving licence (Essential)
- Up to date DBS check (Essential)
Salary and Package benefits
- 35 hours a week working hours which include split shifts with great work life balance. Full training and development available with great career progression opportunities.
- Salary is competitive, uniform is provided, and staff meals are included within the working shifts.
- Accommodation, insurance and visa can be provided as an option.