Experience a Summer like never before! We are now recruiting for our Residential International Summer School, for the Summer of 2023!
Job Role: Residential Student Activity Leader
Location: Bishop’s Stortford
College Length: July 2nd – August 17th
Seasonal Salary: £475 Per Week (Plus accrued holiday pay)
Other: Full Board and Accommodation provided
The Role: Help to plan, deliver and supervise on-site and off-site activities as part of our residential vacation course team, strive to ensure that each student has a safe, enjoyable and beneficial experience during their stay. As part of the role you are also expected to support group leaders in management of students while on and off site including overnight house duties. This role in it's nature requires energetic and enthusiastic people, and we guarantee you will experience a wonderful summer enjoying some fantastic destinations, meeting new people as well as being part of something very rewarding!
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Essential
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent spoken English language skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and also to be able to use own initiative
- A flexible, cooperative, and responsible attitude
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Ability to demonstrate respect for equal opportunities and respect for race and diversity
- Previous experience of working with young people at a summer school/residential school programme is desirable.
- Local knowledge of cities, such as London and Cambridge is desirable but not essential.
- Specific skills in areas such as sport, art, music & Drama would be a benefit within the setting.
- First aid certificate Desirable (Training will be given)
HOURS OF WORK:
Due to the nature of the role, the Student Experience Leader’s working week is not fixed to certain hours. The role will require the successful candidate to work 6 days per week, with one day off per week.
Should you be successful:
- Any gaps in your CV will be enquired about & must be explained satisfactorily
- You will provide the details of two recent & relevant referees who we will contact
- You will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service check (DBS), & equivalent if living outside the UK
Experio Summer Ltd Safeguarding Statement:
Experio Summer Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all successful applicants will be asked to: explain any work and/or educational history gaps; undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure or overseas equivalent; provide details of 2 referees that can objectively comment on your suitability to work with children; and at the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.
Diversity & Equality Statement
Employees are recruited on the basis of their qualifications & experience, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability and union membership status. However, references will be taken prior to interview and an enhanced DBS check is required.
Application forms should be emailed to email@example.com
For further details on our Summer school experience visit
www.bscsummerschool.comAnd visit our work-with-us page!
We look forward to hearing from you in the near future!