LOCATIONS: Greece; Lefkas, Porto Heli
WHEN: Summer 2020
Working as an Ocean Elements Crewed Yacht Skipper, you will have a passion and enthusiasm for all things yachting! As an experienced Skipper you will not only be in charge of the yacht you will be guiding guests from A to B in the safest way possible. With your in-depth knowledge of the cruising ground and surrounding islands area, brief guests on scenic and interesting routes. You will also ensure our customers are taken care of on and off the yacht suggesting or organising evening activities and helping make sure that guests are always having a great time.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Be central point of contact & knowledge, representing the company in a professional manner
- Tailor packages according to potential customer’s needs and requirements
- Interacting with all guests in a professional yet relaxed fashion
- Attending evening social events where necessary or appropriate
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Be responsible for the welfare and safe keeping of guests.
- Be focal point of contact & knowledge for the guests.
- Interacting with all guests in a professional yet relaxed fashion both during the day and evening
- Conduct morning briefings, safety and orientation briefings; sail controls, deck controls and navigational aids.
- Represent the company in a professional, well presented manner at all times and in compliance with the company uniform policy
- Plan, organise & provide an engaging, inclusive and exciting range of activities.
- Follow out routine maintenance checks on all equipment as directed.
- Carry out maintenance and general boat as required.
- Check weather forecasts and routes to ensure safety remains the highest priority for our guests.
- Provisioning and turning around the yacht on changeover.
- Liaise with Land Based, Operational Manager and / or Boat Yard
- Complete all necessary company accounts and paperwork.
- Routine maintenance checks on all equipment and completion of maintenance records.
- Minimum age at contract start date; 18yo
- Coastal Yacht Master 6000+NM
- Relevant / Transferable Work Experience
- Secure Cash Handling Experience
- · Seasonal overseas experience gained within a Yacht Charter Business or Private Yacht
- Competitive Salary and Package
- Family and Friends Discount
- Travel to and from the UK