Outdoor Adventure Jobs at USA Summer Camps
Fact: kids like to get muddy and climb trees. Does this sound like fun? Well become an Adventure Instructor at camp! Wild Packs are looking for outdoorsy folk to fill adventurous roles like climbing, ropes, zip lining, ecology and mountaineering.
Trips are always very popular with the campers, so we are looking for people with experience in camping and hiking to help out in these areas. Duke of Edinburgh awards or volunteering with the Scouts and Guides is something we recommend doing before camp, to increase your experience in these areas.
An up and coming program at camp is ecology and nature. A few years ago you’d have been hard pushed to find this at many camps, but more and more children are becoming interested in this area. You don’t have to be an Ecology student to apply for this role at camp, but an in-depth knowledge in plants, insects and animals is a must.
Qualifications, such as single pitch awards, are recommended, however experience counts for a huge amount, so if you think you have the skills but not a qualification don’t be afraid to apply! Some camps (for example adventure camps) will have huge outdoor pursuits program areas, where a lot of experience and knowledge is required, whereas others will be more basic. We can help you decide what level of program you’re best suited to.
Wild Packs offer some of the highest salaries in the industry. You’ll have the security of being placed at a camp which you have chosen. We work with over 200 premier camps in the USA from single sex to co-ed, underprivileged to adventure! There is a camp for everyone. The Wild Packs team have and continue to work at camp every summer, so we know our stuff!
- Full onsite training is provided.
- Free online application
- All food and accommodation provided throughout the duration of your contract.
- Minimum $1600 salary (not pocket money).
- Travel time of up to 2 months in the States before and/or after camp has finished.
- Complete medical insurance throughout the duration of your stay in the US.
- Partnered with international SIM providers.
- Help finding the best flights to and from the USA
- All visa paperwork and 24/7 manned phone support when in the USA.
If you are 18 – 30 years old and want to experience American culture, get paid to have fun and make lifelong friends, this is the experience for you!