WHAT IS AN EFL TEACHER AT EMBASSY SUMMER?
"Teachers are at the forefront of developing students’ Life Skills through teaching, tuition and guidance during the English course"
As an EFL Teacher you'll be motivating and engaging our students through their learning experience, alongside actively promoting the development of their Life Skills.
With each student receiving 15 hours of English language tuition, our teachers play a pivotal role in the student experience.
WHY CHOOSE EMBASSY SUMMER?
As a part of a team of over 150 other EFL qualified teachers, and nearly 500 staff members, you'll feel comfortable from day one! We invite all our staff the opportunity to take part in a number of training events and workshops in the lead up to the summer, giving you the opportunity to sample our resources, interact with exciting technologies and share ideas with other team members.
Our staff also benefit from:
Curriculum flexibilityAlthough we provide a number of learning resources, we encourage our teachers to supplement these, making their lessons both personal and unique
Co-TeachingAll of our schools operate a 'co-teaching' scheme, meaning that our teachers are paired during their induction period with another member of our team. This gives teachers the opportunity to share ideas and create more effective lesson plans. Alongside this, teachers will also swap classes, giving you more exposure to different learning styles, nationalities and age ranges.
Strong leadership teamsWith our experience and knowledge of summer schools, we have successfully created bespoke management structures within each centres, ensuring that our staff have as much support as possible. In addition a large proportion of our academic management teams are Embassy Summer returners, offering weekly workshops.
Half Day vs. Full Day centresHalf Day: Our smaller schools, give our students and staff a unique opportunity to interact both in and outside of the classroom. With teaching (typically) taking place in the mornings our teachers will take part in a variety of excursions and activities with a selection of their students. A number of our schools will begin their summer programme as a Half Day centre. Full Day: Our larger schools, such as Docklands and UCL operate a full day teaching programme, this is the most immersive EFL experience for our teachers, typically offering 30 hours contact time in the classroom.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
As a British Council accredited school, all of our teachers need to provide evidence that shows they are:
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent
- CELTA/Trinity TESOL qualified or appropriate qualified teacher status
To be shortlisted by our Summer recruitment team you’ll need to show us that you meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to motivate and engage students
- Ability to work under pressure
You'll also need to demonstrate:
- The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people.
- An emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
- A positive attitude to the use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- The ability to adapt teaching styles to suit the style of short summer courses
- Creativity and energy and a positive commitment to the role