Become an EFL teacher in the UK with PGL and bring our dynamic English language programme to life!
PGL is the UK's market leading provider of activity holidays and study courses for young people and currently have jobs, immediate starts, available for TESOL/CELTA qualified Teachers at various locations across the UK.
In this role you’ll be delivering our English as a Foreign Language product. You’ll work at one of PGL’s UK activity centres where guests will enjoy a mix of classroom based EFL sessions and off-site excursions. We’re looking for enthusiastic TESOL or CELTA qualified (or equivalent) EFL Teachers to solely focus on delivering this programme to our inbound guests travelling to PGL UK centres from Europe, Asia and other long haul destinations.
Your duties will include:
- Communicating with the Course Director to discuss the group's ability and objectives;
- Modifying pre-prepared lesson plans to suit your students;
- Maximising the use of resources to deliver fun and informative sessions;
- Managing the classroom effectively and motivating your students accordingly;
- Assisting the Course Director with the placement tests for students on arrival and marking the tests efficiently;
As PGL centres offer a residential experience as part of our guest package, we would also expect our EFL Teachers to assist with the following:
- Being responsive to individual guest's needs and engage other members of staff where necessary;
- Engaging with students and group leaders outside the classroom in an appropriate and professional manner;
- Assisting with any emergency situations that might arise within the centre;
- Ensuring that the guests realise their potential and gain maximum enjoyment during their stay.
We are also keen to hear from applicants who have a TEFL Teaching Certificate for 120 hours or more plus a minimum of six observed hours of classroom-based teaching experience.
We offer a competitive wage of £350 per week for EFL Teachers, with meals and onsite accommodation available. This role is offered on a short term contract, of various lengths, with the earliest starts available on June 30th 2017.
We have EFL vacancies at our stunning activity centres across the UK, including Dalguise, Scotland; Bawdsey Manor, Suffolk; Caythorpe Court, Lincolnshire; Marchants Hill, Surrey; Windmill Hill, East Sussex; Little Canada, Isle of Wight; Osmington Bay, Dorset.
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.