If you enjoy teaching young learners, have plenty of enthusiasm, a sense of fun, and a fully accredited CELTA qualification, you could be the perfect person for Oxford Spires International!
We run British Council accredited English language programmes for young learners aged 8-17 years.
At our centres in Oxford, Cambridge and Cheltenham we offer students of many different nationalities the opportunity to improve their English, make new friends and spend time living and learning in the UK.
We are seeking Teacher/Activity Leaders to deliver engaging EFL lessons and assist with supervising activities for junior learners, to a high professional standard.
Courses are designed to offer student experiences in a range of sport, arts and academic study opportunities - as well as visiting some of the UKs favourite tourist destinations!
As part of the Oxford Spires team, we ensure that each student has a safe, enjoyable and beneficial experience at our schools all located in some outstanding boarding school and university venues across Oxford, Cambridge and Cheltenham.
Dates:8th March - 12th April 2020
28th June - 12th August 2020
You will normally work 6 days a week, teach in the mornings and help supervise a range of different activities either in the afternoons or evenings.
Many posts are residential and will also include overnight residential duties
.Locations: Oxford, Cambridge and Cheltenham
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging, communicative, and appropriate English lessons following the weekly theme, using materials provided and/or your own resources
- Deliver and oversee placement testing on the first day of classes, including marking, for all new students
- Communicate regularly and effectively with fellow teaching staff and Senior Management to ensure that all students receive equal high standards of tuition
- Ensure all paperwork relevant to the teaching role is kept up-to-date, including lesson plans, weekly teaching overviews and class records
- Plan and deliver engaging, fun and appropriate activities for groups of international students, both on and off-site. Activities will include sports, art, drama and music.Lead and oversee full day, off-site excursions to places such as London and Bath (using in-house walking tour presentations and following pre-organised plans)
- When required, assist with student supervision during break and mealtimes (on a rota basis)For residential staff, be on the rota for being on call overnight, and take part residential duties including wake up and lights out
- All staff have a responsibility for implementing Oxford Spires International policies and procedures, and representing the school to the highest standard
- Help to maintain student behaviour, safety and welfare, and ensure that the students do not breach the rules of the schoolBe ready to assist at any time with an emergency situation, or where a student is ill or injured
- CELTA, CertTESOL or equivalent qualification
- Degree level education essential
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Genuine interest in the teaching and welfare of students
- A patient and understanding approach to teaching
- Ability to create a positive rapport in the classroom
- A flexible, co-operative and responsible attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team, and also to use own initiative
- All staff will be subject to safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure
Please note that while we are very pleased to receive your CV, completing an application form is an obligatory part of the recruitment process and you can apply online by following this link: Oxford Spires International Application FormQualifications