Combine travel, an internationally recognised TEFL qualification, teaching internship and Mandarin lessons into one exciting programme in China.
China will blow you away with its wealth of culture and its diverse beauty. From The Great Wall of China to the Terracotta army, China has so much to see that visitors will never get bored. China, now the second largest economy in the world, is currently taking a leading role on the world stage. The tranquil countryside contrasts with the thriving, vibrant cities. No two areas of this massive country are the same. With so much history and an unknown, yet exciting future, getting to know this country and its language certainly should be on the top of your list of things to be done on a gap year or career break.
On arrival in China you will embark on a 10 day practical TEFL course in Harbin which includes hands-on classroom time that equips you well to interact with students. Positions exist in primary and secondary schools and we do our best to place you where you want and always with at least one other teacher. At the same time, you will be supported by local staff and Oyster throughout your stay.
You will receive a TEFL qualification, accommodation, meals, Mandarin classes and a monthly allowance. Accommodation at your school is in an apartment with fellow participants. A TV, kitchen and bathroom are included. Meals are provided on campus.
Before you travel, you will be provided with a full briefing by Oyster. At Beijing airport, you will be met and given a tour of Beijing – see the Great Wall of China – as part of the 26 week programme.
Oyster’s aim is to help make your transfer to a completely different culture as seamless as possible.
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic people, looking to learn Mandarin and teach in China.
• Engage with young people from a completely different culture
• Experience a completely different cuisine
• An internationally recognised TEFL at a high standard
• Free time opportunities to visit some of the most amazing sites that this vast country has to offer
• Accommodation and food provided for you entire stay
• Subsistence allowance when teaching
• Make new friends, who share similar interests
• Good links with local schools
• 24 hour full support throughout the preparation for your trip and whilst you are on the course
• Pre-departure phone interview
• ATOL protection, if we book your flights
The cost of this 26 week programme is £2795. Secure your place for just £180.