SEASONAL EFL TEACHER
With over 35 years of experience, Ardmore Language Schools is a leading junior English Language programme provider which takes English learning beyond the classroom. We pride ourselves in offering young international students a high standard and safe learning experience in the UK whilst they enjoy a culturally immersive and fun activity programme.
We are currently looking for people like you to join our centre academic team. You will deliver inspiring and engaging EFL lessons to classes of up to 15 young learners using Ardmore’s in-house developed syllabus. You will also participate fully in Ardmore centre life by going on excursions and undertaking welfare duties.
You must have:
- Undergraduate Degree and CELTA or TrinityTESOL or equivalent (must include 6 observed teaching hours)
- A passion for teaching young learners!
We are looking for:
- Clear communicators with a natural ability to explain different aspects of English language
- Experience teaching English to young learners
- Organisation skills
- Team players
- Adaptability and flexibility in a busy, international working environment
- A respect for cultural diversity
- A sound understanding of safeguarding
- Be punctual
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Hold or be willing to obtain a valid DBS
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be available to work for 42 hours per week for the whole of July including evenings and weekends
- Be able to work on a residential basis (includes full board and accommodation) OR live locally and work on a non-residential basis
Ardmore Language Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All successful candidates are required to provide criminal checks including a valid Enhanced DBS Certificate and/or overseas police checks.
- Undergraduate Degree and CELTA or Trinity TESOL, or PGCE, or equivalents.
- Clear communicator with a natural ability to explain different aspects of English language.
- Punctual and organised.
- Ability to motivate and enjoy working with large groups of children/teenagers.
- Commitment to safeguarding students at all times.
- Have a suitable police check/ enhanced DBS (Ardmore can assist with this).
- Available to work for 2-8 week periods during June, July and August, on a fixed-term basis.
- Previous experience in summer school environment and/or teaching young English learners.
- Cultural sensitivity suitable for an international environment.
- Assist the DOS with student testing and placement.
- Teach English to a high standard following the syllabus set out in the Ardmore Language Schools’ workbooks and academic programme.
- Prepare and deliver lessons with the aim of achieving the objectives and outcomes of the Ardmore Language Schools’ syllabus.
- Use teaching techniques that are appropriate to the level and needs of the students making every effort to create a positive learning environment enabling students to participate purposefully in the lessons.
- Make lessons stimulating and enjoyable with particular emphasis on the practical use of the English language (e.g. speaking and listening skills)
- Maintain excellent class administration including lesson preparation, class registration and monitoring student progress and ensure that this is submitted each week.
- Ensure that, in the lesson prior to an excursion, students are prepared and informed about their forthcoming excursion (e.g. class discussion, pre-excursion lesson handouts, etc).
- Communicate with the Director of Studies about student welfare concerns.
- Carry out residential duties on a rota basis, including meal supervision, lights out duties, room checks and additional duties as required.
- Maintain suitable levels of student behaviour, safety and welfare and respond to emergencies at any time.
- Reports to Director of Studies (DOS).
- Fixed-Term Contracts: Full Days; 42 hours per week or Half Days; 21 hours per week over various non-continuous periods of time.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Residential and non-residential options available.
- Some weeks you may be required to work in excess of 48 hours. You will therefore be asked to 'optout’ of the 48-hour Working Time Directive.
Candidates can only be considered if they over the age of 18 and have the right to work in the UK. The Recruitment Team cannot accept CVs; all applications must be submitted via the online application portal.
#smilewithardmore this summer and click ‘apply now’!