This program gives you the chance to enhance your career and resume with a real international classroom experience.
You will be a teaching assistant at a local school for up to 15 hours/week and tutor your host family for 5 hours/week while living with them.
We collaborates with many schools from kindergarten to high schools who have extreme need to be helped by a native speaker, whose role could vary from leading the classroom in English activities to assist English teachers during their lessons.
At the moment we have availability for:
- Elementary and middle School in Carpignano Sesia (near Novara)
- Elementary and middle School in Civitanova Marche (on the Adriatic coast)
-Elementary and middle School in San Bonifacio (Near Verona)
- Elementary and middle School in Palazzuolo Sull’Oglio (Near Brescia)
- Elementary and middle School in Morrovalle (near Macerata)
- Duration: 4 to 12 weeks.
- 2019: October 5th (max 10 week placements), November 9th (max 6 weeks placements)
- 2020: January 11th, February 1st, February 29th (max 10 week placements), April 4th (max 5 week placements)
Activities in School
- Teach during school hours or after-school.
- Prepare topics and activities to have the students practice their conversational abilities.
- Assist Italian teachers or teach conversational English to their own groups of students.
- Help students with their English homework.
- Teach English during other initiatives organized by the town hall/community/school.
Who Can Participate
English native speakers aged 22 to 65 years old, with a college degree or at least college students. We are looking for candidates with an outgoing personality, interested in the education sector and able to face the challenge of teaching in a different school system. Previous teaching/tutoring experience or a TEFL certificate are very helpful.
We can accept American, Australian, Canadian, Kiwi and European Participants
Included in the program
- Teaching position prior to departure.
- Private room with a carefully selected Host Family.
- Meals with the Host Family (except when traveling).
- Welcome and pick up at the airport or at the bus/train station.
- Professional Italian staff to provide supervision and guidance throughout your stay.
- Direct contact with the coordinator teacher assigned to every candidate before departure.
- Pre-departure material and useful orientation information.
- Online orientation course
- Access to the section of our website with lots of teaching resources.
- International reference or certificate of participation who can significantly boost your resume for future jobs.