FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50-50, help would be appreciated ppl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
undecided-:/ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undecided-:/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 50-50, help would be appreciated ppl
    Posted: 21 January 2011 at 15:51
Alrite all you lovely ppl, i've had seasonworkers as my favourite website 4 few years now considerin i got my 1st seasonal job {PGL} through here.... was just wonderin what you'z all thought would be best bet, i've worker in childcare industry since i was 16 {i'm 22 now} and last year was my 1st year where i forgot about working with kids and went tenerefe working for like 4 months with company called 'air-pro' My decision now is do i re-apply for kids rep {i applied 2 years ago an didn't make it through because stupidly i didn't research enough about the company} ORRRR do i have another mad season and go napa with everyone i met from tenerefe??????
Suggestions more then welcome Clap!!!!
Thanx
xdaniellex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xdaniellex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2011 at 00:02
Id do a kids repping job just because I think its more of a set thing and you know you'll def get a job and if you enjoy working with kids then its a bonus!!
I repped last summer with in2action and was gonna do some bar work or whatever this summer in tenerife but decided to just apply to another company for kids repping.. Apply babe :) TUI and thomas cook are still taking applications

Good Luck x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undecided-:/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 15:24
Angry wellllll my plans to stay where i am definitly look out the window now as really hoped i'd get this bar job here in luton but they decided otherwise so now i'm even more determined to do kids rep, just watch my luck that i've left it tooo late lol.
I already applied for in2action and they've said they're no longer taking on applications {same with first choice Dead}
Which company did u apply for in the end???
Oh an thanx for quick reply :D x
kerry_452 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry_452 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 22:32
PGL, Canvas, and Holidaybreak are still taking applications. I've applied to In2action numerous times & they've never contacted me even to say I'm unsuccessfull.
-k-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undecided-:/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 16:03
Definitly not keen on going back to PGL as think a 3rd consecutive season would prob do my treat in {kinda had enough of runnning archery sessions :/}
Thanks for the heads up on the other 2 i'll be sure to apply. That's kinda bad about in2action not even replying back i heard back within like 3 days :[ good luck for future applications :D x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xdaniellex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 22:55
Have you tried thomas cook?  I know someone who applied like a week or 2 ago managed to get an assessment and have TUI stopped taking applications?

Yeah with in2action you have to apply like ASAP i applied for them in October 09 for last summer because they are popular & spaces are limited on their training weeks.

Def try thomas cook & TUI though - my assessments with them arent until 5th & 19th Feb so surely you can get one?

Let me know

x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undecided-:/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 20:51
I tried applyin for Thomas cook like 2 days ago but with the library only lettin me have an hour i couldn't get all of it finished but luckily they let me save part of the application form off so when i get chance i'll apply asap, as you mentioned 'TUI' still recruiting i may aswell try them aswell.
Just the slight problem i have about getting hold of references as i worked for agency in amazon so not sure if i should give agency reference or amazon reference :/ ANDDDD as i worked in various bars in tenerife i can't get hold of references off all them do you reckon it'll be alright still????
1 last thing lol, i haven't got my 1st aid and childcare NVQ certificate on me {even though i'm in process of getting copy sent as i llost it :S} you reckon they'd definitly have to see em????

Good luck with your interviews :D - X -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xdaniellex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 21:41
Hey

Okie dokie, im sure you will get an assessment. With references im not too sure - I think they ask for 2 maybe your college tutor or something could be one. My 1st aid runs out in May and ive been told aslong as I do a new one before training then thats fine and with your NVQ's could you not get a letter from who you done it with to just confim you are qualified & then fax them your certificates when you get them?

Thanks x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xdaniellex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2011 at 22:06
TUI are def still taking people.. someone I know got invited to an assessment today for a date in Feb.

kerry_452 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry_452 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2011 at 00:38
Originally posted by undecided-:/
<DIV>1 last thing lol, i haven't got my 1st aid and childcare NVQ certificate on me {even though i'm in process of getting copy sent as i llost it :S} you reckon they'd definitly have to see em????</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Good luck with your interviews :D - X -</DIV>[/QUOTE undecided-:/
1 last thing lol, i haven't got my 1st aid and childcare NVQ certificate on me {even though i'm in process of getting copy sent as i llost it :S} you reckon they'd definitly have to see em????

Good luck with your interviews :D - X -
[/QUOTE wrote:

email your training provider or employer to comfirm that you have passed your qualifications then just print it out.
-k-

email your training provider or employer to comfirm that you have passed your qualifications then just print it out.
-k-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undecided-:/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 15:12
I tried emailing company and i've been waiting like a week now so looks like im just gnna have 2 run up a big phone bill and just call em 2 see what they're playin at and why they think they don't have to reply to previous employees GRRRRR lol but thanx 4 the help ppl didn't really expect it Big smile - x -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xdaniellex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2011 at 02:54
Have you applied to TUI or Thomas Cook yet? :) x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undecided-:/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 02:05
Funny u should mention as i literally rang thomas cook y'day and tried explainin about references situation and thy said {baring i mind i had 2 be re-directed 2ce} 2 just put what i can....
So after gettin off phne i rang my college 2 get hold of my certificates and considern i have yet 2 hear back frm my tutuor {who luckily stillll works there, EVEN though it's been 4 yrs snce i got certificate} i may jus ring em 2mora/well it'll be 2day by time i go bed and wake up looool!!!
Thanx 4 thinkin of\us still lol Tongue X
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic