FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st season in saint anton 2011/2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ClareD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClareD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st season in saint anton 2011/2012
    Posted: 11 November 2012 at 20:59
Hi Karen,

I am heading to St Anton next Saturday (17th Nov) for the season. My original plan was to turn up in mid-Nov and hand out a lot of CVs and i have spoken to quite a few previous seasonnaires who have said that they have not had any problems doing that. I have been pretty lucky tho as i have just got a last minute job as a chalet host for the season with a british tour op as one of the other girls pulled out. Having done quite a it of research and spoken to quite a few people on forums, i would say that you should be thinking about getting to resort pretty soon as it is less than 3 weeks til the mountain opens in St Anton and quite a few people will already be in resort looking for jobs. it will be a big bonus for finding bar work if you have good german otherwise you will probably be more likely to get hotel work (there are a few places advertising on the St Anton website). I hope this is helpful! 

Clare
dor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:05
Hi 
I did a season last year in st anton. And definitely recommend it.
Most of the employment is set up through english based companies and start around beginning of december.
Best bets for getting a job out there is to ask around. People go home throughout the season for various reasons injury etc. and if your in resort ready can work well i imagine.
would say best jobs kitchen or bar.. or working till in spa
st anton is expensive however with a job out there you should be fine,accomodation isnt cheap across the board get what you can
ayedem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayedem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 10:26
hey guys

Im thinking of head there sometime jan or feb. whats the chances of showing up and landing a easy as job and cheap acco?
any info would be handy as this is my first winter
last big blowout b4 i head back to NZ
stantonseason12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stantonseason12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2012 at 15:15
Hi Guys,

I know this post is a year old, but I am looking to go to St. Anton this year and was wondering how it went for you last year and if you can give me any pointers please.

I am currently looking for jobs from the UK, and am thinking if I can't sort anything then to go out in a few weeks to look out there.

Do you think this would be too late to get a job out there? And can you give me any advice on getting a good job there, with accommodation. I am looking to do bar work ideally, but would do other roles.

Thanks,

Karen.
4moores View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4moores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 12:05
Hi, I'm also working in Rosanna for my first season.....not a clue what to take (so not very helpful sorry) I'm flying out on the 30th though with mark warner :) ahhhhhhh!!
Bexxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2011 at 19:21
Im working in Rosanna, first season, havnt a clue what gear to take etc... 2 weeks to go aaahhh! anyone flying out with the mark warner lot on 29th Heathrow to Zurich?
bbardot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbardot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2011 at 00:10
leaving in three weeks, staying the whole season, what the hell do I pack?!
Richie Carrera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Carrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 15:50
Feel free to add me on facebook .... RICHIE CARRERA ;) x
Richie Carrera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Carrera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 13:52
Hi All

I will be working at Kandahar for the season as the resident DJ .... Its all so my 1st season so please come and say hi 

Richie x
kncurrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kncurrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 12:10
Hey, me and two friends are heading out on the 9th of November to St Anton, not got any accomodation or that sorted out yet, any got any good sites or idea?! been emailing about apartments but they are all so expensive and some want to money for the whole season upfront. :( 
Been offered a job in Mayhofen, around the end of Novembver time. but headed out to St anton first to look fo jobs. 
if anyone has any info or wants to try sort some accomodation get in touch :) 
Kate
chloebashford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chloebashford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 14:44
Hey,

I'm looking into doing my first season at St Anton this winter as a nanny/in childcare. Does anyone know anything about working as a self employed nanny at at a ski resort? working for an agency?

Chloe
christian14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christian14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 01:02
Hey drop me an email chris856@hotmail.com ill tell you all the info I've got.
kombikarlz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kombikarlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 19:59

I woul love to live in St. Anton this season for my first European ski season. I was hoping to try and find some work. It sounds promising if your headng there in Nov, but does anyone know how the job situations are in the first to second week in Jan? I have some committments I cant get out of to head over in Nov?

dor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 15:33
hi yea im at the rosanna,will be shame if the accomodation is a fair walk as you say...i take it youve worked in st anton before?  
robytuddle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robytuddle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 14:52
Do you know what hotel your working in? I was in the Schweizerhof last season, where the vast majority of the staff live in the hotel, with a couple a 5 min walk down the road. The Rosana staff, from what i recall, most were out of the hotel and a fair walk from the hotel.

If you need any more give us a holler
dor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 12:23
hi im doing season in st anton with mark warnerwith some mates  and was seing if anyone can tell me what to expect regarding staff accomodation etc..cheers for ny feedback etc
pennyjane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennyjane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 01:00
i also wanna go to st anton or mayrhofen... i was thinking of heading out first week in november to see if i can get a job and accommodation. i will be going out on my one as all of my friends are let downs haha. anyways, hit me up on fb - you'll find me under pennyjanedanger@yahoo.co.uk (leeds uni) - and we can maybes share some thoughts xxx
christian14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christian14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 19:27
Cheer for that.. I'm heading out on the 4th of november. Need some where to rest my head tho till I find a place to live. Do you now of any hotels/ hostels or gust houses?
Jay212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 18:46
Hi, i've  just done a season in st anton, but worked with mark warner! you should be able to get a job out there pretty easy, try kandahar bar/nightclub - piccadilly bar/nightclub! otherwise scottys/bar cuba are owned by mark warner too! you could try krazy kanagrooh - apres ski bar ... really worth trying, free accommodation too.. definitely research the whole area before you go out there! but i'd recommend it 100x over.. the powder is pretty good out there!! good luck.
emma-louiseeeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma-louiseeeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2011 at 19:21
Heyy, im thinking of doing my first season in st anton too, or mayrhofen! Going on my own and will be looking to share with someone too!!! add me on facebook if you want.. emma-louise sargeant (pic of me with some guys on mountains) x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic